Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics

vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com: May 25 08:23PM

In <g1PyG.274260$Ff6.64756@fx40.iad> by ABLE1 <somewhere@nowhere.net>
on Mon, 25 May 2020 08:40:40 we perused:
 
 
*+-Could have been the EARTHQUAKE that started it all!! :-)
 
I needed the laugh as painful as it is
 
Most of my computer failures (modems, monitors) linked to storms.
 
But my first DOS machine had a problem like this in its fifth year (1990)
Back then folks answered the phone and the mfr (Ampro in California)
told me it was the AD converter. But I couldn't find a place to sell me one.
So I wrote to the mfr(TDK) and asked for an "engineering sample". FREE.
Even funnier because I cudda walked to the AD converter mfr in two hours.
 
- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
Bob F <bobnospam@gmail.com>: May 25 10:43PM -0700

> blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
> facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
 
I had one act up during boot. I discovered that if I changed the memory
configuration, by adding, removing,or moving a RAM, then it would boot
(to BIOS?). Someone suggested that forced the BIOS to re-generate some
configuration data.
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com: May 26 09:19AM

Wow! FOund it. Works!
 
I remembered that it complained that I could use a faster USB port.
Wierd. DIdn't touch it. Then I remembered I couldn't see my external USB hard
drive. It was dangling between furniture. USB connection imperfect. Put it
back. Computer booted. Turned out I managed to do same to my modem. (I hate
WinModem. Won't work in Unix.) But dang. Now I can breathe again.
 
 
 
- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
ggherold@gmail.com: May 25 07:42PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 2:36:20 PM UTC-4, Andrew Way wrote:
> I have tried the recommendations in the laser faq for this model, DC voltage is good/stable, checked all ribbon cable conn's (visually, as i'd hate to brick it by poking around with a multimeter). I have also tried adjusting the pot down for a lower current/power setting to no avail- it resets and takes its 6mins to find a new stable setting, but the fringes never settle.
> I do not have a oscilloscope or power meter handy as of yet, but it seems to be stuck in a loop. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
> -Roo
 
hmm, no 'scope. I don't know these lasers, but is there both a current
control loop and thermal control? Can you look at those signals?
A few minutes sound like it might be the temperature.
 
George h.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment