Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

"Commander Kinsey" <CK1@nospam.com>: May 28 06:57PM +0100

>>> and so do you. I could have said the original better.
 
>> Only in a very few outlying areas.
 
> That's not true.
 
It is in the UK. We even got fibre to the home at 18% a year ago. Pretty much everyone has fibre to the cabinet, which is usually 40-80Mbit.
 
>> go for IP cameras over an ethernet cable. But WiFi is nowhere near fast
>> enough for several 4K video streams.
 
> Plenty fast enough for the one for each camera.
 
What is that in English? What I meant was Wifi is shared is it not? Between all the cameras.
 
 
>>> Yep, you are a real dinosaur tech wise.
 
>> I only use tech that I need or want,
 
> But what you need or want is stupid with smartphones.
 
Bollocks, what am I not using that would benefit me?
 
>> you use it for the sake of it.
 
> Wrong, I use tech that I need or want.
 
Most of what you have are gimmics.
"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com>: May 29 04:50AM +1000

Commander Kinsey <CK1@nospam.com> wrote
 
>>> Only in a very few outlying areas.
 
>> That's not true.
 
> It is in the UK.
 
Nope.
 
> We even got fibre to the home at 18% a year ago.
 
Not to all but a very few outlying areas you didn't.
 
> Pretty much everyone has fibre to the cabinet,
 
That's VDSL2+
 
> which is usually 40-80Mbit.
 
Mine will do 130Mb but I only pay for 50Mb.
 
All of our new ones and plenty of existing houses
are fiber to the home and that will do 1Gb
 
>>> near fast enough for several 4K video streams.
 
>> Plenty fast enough for the one for each camera.
 
> What is that in English?
 
There is one wifi stream to each camera.
 
> What I meant was Wifi is shared is it not? Between all the cameras.
 
Not.
 
 
>>> I only use tech that I need or want,
 
>> But what you need or want is stupid with smartphones.
 
> Bollocks, what am I not using that would benefit me?
 
Google maps to get to where you want to go with
real time turn by turn directions and traffic etc
when you are going somewhere you havent been
before for a gumtree or freecycle pickup etc.
 
>>> you use it for the sake of it.
 
>> Wrong, I use tech that I need or want.
 
> Most of what you have are gimmics.
 
Wrong.
Mike Coon <gravity@mjcoon.plus.com>: May 28 08:24PM +0100

In article <3sd1bgppdld79lk9k1n26gi7c9khqgi079@4ax.com>,
news@spaced.me.uk says...
 
> Are we talking auto/isolation-transformers here?
 
I was reading a sailing magazine that mentioned using an autotransformer
in the context of isolation. I felt impelled to write and point out that
because an autotransformer has part of the winding shared between
primary and secondary, isolation is one thing it definitely does not do!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autotransformer
Peeler <trolltrap@valid.invalid>: May 28 10:02PM +0200

On Sat, 29 May 2021 04:50:16 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:
 
<FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather>
 
--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:
 
Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own shit?"
 
Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."
 
Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the shit."
 
MID: <fv66kaFml0nU2@mid.individual.net>
T i m <news@spaced.me.uk>: May 29 02:29PM +0100

On Fri, 28 May 2021 20:24:06 +0100, Mike Coon
>because an autotransformer has part of the winding shared between
>primary and secondary, isolation is one thing it definitely does not do!
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autotransformer
 
Ah yes, thanks (didn't even need to look at the link but did <g>)
just dragging stuff up from the past in my mind. ;-)
 
Cheers, T i m
 
p.s. Do you sail and if so what OOI? Dinghy sailor and son of a Shell
Tanker Capt here. ;-)
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic"

Post a Comment