Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 3 topics

"jurb...@gmail.com" <jurb6006@gmail.com>: Jul 23 09:23AM -0700

Finally for good. Next month fslls on my 1st Bday, My health sucks and I can barely walk. I own amps I cannot lift. And my eyesight is shit.
 
Electronix Underground will be no more after August 18th 2010.
 
I doubt I will sell it all off. I might want to experiment. I think I got an Arduino around here somewhere.
 
I should sell a few things, like all these matched sets of output transistors. I am not anxious to sell the equipment. I got an HP 339a, Tek 465B, Wavetek old analog genrator, a cheapo scope for a diaaly driver, a FLuke 8850a and an 8000a, HP 5314a freq. counter, homemade isolation good to at least 1,000 watts ad dummy loads close. They'll handle the 1,000 but are only 9.1 ohms, not 8.
 
On the side, got a Tek 561A with delayed tie and dual trace, a 422 that will ont work on 12V, also a meter with nice big characters also wil only run on 12 volts. I got aa 12 volt backup thing fo a car, or newer batteries could be put in the scope and run them both.
 
Already for sale are Tek 7603 and TDS-360, both need work.
 
I'll still be around.
"jurb...@gmail.com" <jurb6006@gmail.com>: Jul 23 08:57AM -0700

-----
In the meantime I will be uilding an XP PC but on a better board. It is going to be fast. Wil have the 4GB RAM of course, 2 SSDs. Has all the outputs for HDMI, DVI, It will have al kinds of cool software on it that would cost many many thousands for the new version.
 
Everyone warn of virus and all tis sit, I don't have those problems.
Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@charter.net>: Jul 22 12:44PM -0400

In article <d6d719a3-3fcb-46cf-bd6b-cc7b3797aa20n@googlegroups.com>,
peterwieck33@gmail.com says...
 
> This also ignores inverter losses (typically between 5 & 15% - 5% for a grid-tie type, 15% for most others).
 
> The inverter may be rated at 4,000 watts. There are very, very few conventional automotive-type lead-acid batteries that could sustain it.
 
I have often wondered why there are inverters out that convert 12 volts
to much over 1000 watts. Even that is high, but it may take that to
start the small motors or the input rush of other electronics.
 
As you pointed out it takes a very large battery to provide that much
power for very long. If you are going to run an engine to keep
thebattery charged, you might as well use a 120/240 volt generator in
the first place.
Rheilly Phoull <rheilly@bigslong.com>: Jul 23 09:30AM +0800

On 23/07/2021 12:44 am, Ralph Mowery wrote:
> power for very long. If you are going to run an engine to keep
> thebattery charged, you might as well use a 120/240 volt generator in
> the first place.
 
So Hilda there you have it, from multiple sources !!
Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com>: Jul 22 07:57PM -0700

Ralph Mowery wrote:
=================
 
> I have often wondered why there are inverters out that convert 12 volts
> to much over 1000 watts. Even that is high, but it may take that to
> start the small motors or the input rush of other electronics.
 
** These supplies use " modified sine wave" aka variable pulse width rectangular waves.
 
The peak voltages are the same as the usual AC supply.
A lot of overload current could be avoided by having a "soft start" system.
 
The unit would need a "start" button that brings up the duty cycle of the output wave from zero over a few seconds.
 
 
..... Phil
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment