Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 4 topics

bob prohaska <bp@www.zefox.net>: Apr 02 02:54AM

> It's time to hang it up, I've moved away from electronics over into software, and it's about time I clear out the old collection.
 
> I tried to get in touch with the local university to see about any interest there but didn't get any bites.
 
> Any thoughts on places to donate? Some of it is high voltage so I want to give it to someone who'd end up hurting themselves, and i don't just want to call an e-waste company as some of it is pretty good stuff.
 
Have you considered Ebay, or maybe Craigslist?
 
Either is better than e-waste.
 
bob prohaska
Three Jeeps <jjhudak4@gmail.com>: Apr 02 09:03AM -0700

On Friday, March 31, 2023 at 9:23:46 PM UTC-4, Steve Kamego wrote:
 
> Thanks to this group for the years of information I've absorbed and occasionally participated in. Glad to see it's still going strong.
 
> Dallas area if that matters.
 
> Steve
I may be interested in some of your stuff...please drop me a note.
I'd second CL or Ebay
J
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com: Apr 01 08:51PM

Many times they are too straight and don't fit snugly in the outlet. You
can be plugeed in for hours with no results. Once I even lost my SD card. I
bend them, but some chargers even bend back. Any suggestions. I can think of
a few ideas (eg foil) that might be too hazardous. And, short of keep trying,
I have no way of knowing which 3-to-2 aapters will fit right.
 
--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
whit3rd <whit3rd@gmail.com>: Apr 02 12:29AM -0700


> --
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
 
Get an outlet strip that has good plug retention; commercial grade and hospital grade
sockets are carefully designed for reliable contact force, but with consumer-grade
gear, quality is variable. A three-prong plug from the outlet strip makes
good contact with the wall socket, and the outlets in the STRIP, not the wall,
determine how well your charger connects.
 
If you have a micrometer or calipers, it might also be wise to shop for a
new charger with thicker metal prongs.
Patrick <5c58a3fa59c2fb61bed712105f8b54f5@example.com>: Apr 01 07:00PM

Hi Frank,

I'm looking for the 824 manual. Could I get a copy kindly?

Best regards
Patrick
 
--
For full context, visit https://www.electrondepot.com/repair/digelec-824-manual-165727-.htm
Bertrand Sindri <bertrand.sindri@yahoo.com>: Apr 02 03:24AM


> I'm looking for the 824 manual. Could I get a copy kindly?
 
> Best regards
> Patrick
 
After almost 6 years, you expect Frank to be waiting around for your
reply?
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com: Apr 01 08:58PM

You can turn image off on some browsers to save mobile data. IPTV costs
200mb/hr but internet radio is 1mb/hr, since I am quite blind I never relly
cared much for tv. THere used to be TVs (pre-HD) that provided only
sound. But back then sound was transmitted seperately, I am wondering if IPTV
sound can actually be split off
 
--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
Brian Gregory <void-invalid-dead-dontuse@email.invalid>: Apr 01 10:17PM +0100

> cared much for tv. THere used to be TVs (pre-HD) that provided only
> sound. But back then sound was transmitted seperately, I am wondering if IPTV
> sound can actually be split off
 
It depends on which streaming protocol the provider uses.
 
--
Brian Gregory (in England).
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 4 topics"

Post a Comment