Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

jaugustine@verizon.net: Sep 09 02:21PM -0400

<SNIP>
>should reset it.
> Good luck.
> John T.
 
Hi John T,
 
For many devices, unplugging for a while does act like a reset, but
not in this case. I had it unplugged for over 24 hours, but that did NOT
resolve the issue.
 
I could NOT find a Service Manual (PDF file) for this unit via google
search.
 
I wonder if a relay is "stuck" (contacts "fused" together) ?
 
Maybe, as a last resort, I will have to open up the unit, However,
I can still use it as long as I unplug it after I turn it off.
 
John
hubops@ccanoemail.com: Sep 09 04:18PM -0400

> Maybe, as a last resort, I will have to open up the unit, However,
>I can still use it as long as I unplug it after I turn it off.
> John
 
One other long-shot - with the device unplugged - press the
power button several times. This is sometimes suggested when
takng apart devices to discharge capacitors.
Is there a reset on the power cord plug ? Try resetting it.
John T.
jaugustine@verizon.net: Sep 09 06:42PM -0400

>takng apart devices to discharge capacitors.
> Is there a reset on the power cord plug ? Try resetting it.
> John T.
 
UPDATE, ISSUE "WENT AWAY":
 
My Wife plugged in the air conditioner and turned it on. Later,
she turned if off, but this time, it turned off COMPLETELY !!
The power cord was NOT unplugged.
 
After about 15 minutes, I decided to try it out. Air ran for a half
hour. When I turned it off, it turned off completely.
 
Power cord does NOT have to be unplugged anymore.
 
John
Bob F <bobnospam@gmail.com>: Sep 09 09:08PM -0700

> hour. When I turned it off, it turned off completely.
 
> Power cord does NOT have to be unplugged anymore.
 
> John
 
The confessions of a true do it yourselfer. Good job!
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic"

Post a Comment