Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics

William van Niekerk <hearing.maths@gmail.com>: Nov 12 10:18PM -0800

My 2335 has been reliable for so many years and has now become faulty. The horizontal trace will only extend to about halfway of the scale and then folds backon itself. I have checked all the voltages on circuit board A12 and they are all good. I would appreciate any tips on how to diagnose this fault.
legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca>: Nov 13 09:05AM -0500

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:18:59 -0800 (PST), William van Niekerk
 
>My 2335 has been reliable for so many years and has now become faulty. The horizontal trace will only extend to about halfway of the scale and then folds backon itself. I have checked all the voltages on circuit board A12 and they are all good. I would appreciate any tips on how to diagnose this fault.
 
Start with:
 
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes
 
Horizontal deflection is usually pretty simple circuitry.
 
Could be drive transistors going flakey.
 
RL
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com: Nov 12 09:22PM

I printed stuff from USB at FedEx than transfered some files
from phone to USB then USB went blank. Took it home, same.
Is there any quick way to fix this?
 
Once my phone (same mfg but not this one) lost an entire SD card I never
recovered and that seemed to be because it went to zero power. I tried all
sorts of gparted utilities to no luck. (I had allowed the phone to partitin
the SD). I don't think I blanked an entire USB before.
 
 
--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net>: Nov 13 10:24AM


> I printed stuff from USB at FedEx than transfered some files
> from phone to USB then USB went blank. Took it home, same.
> Is there any quick way to fix this?
 
Go to $store of choice, and buy a new one. You mentioned gparted, so I
assume you have a Linux box -- what happens in dmesg when you plug it
in?
 
 
--
|_|O|_|
|_|_|O| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert
|O|O|O| PGP: DDAB 23FB 19FA 7D85 1CC1 E067 6D65 70E5 4CE7 2860
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com: Nov 13 12:12PM

I got tons of free usb drives from trade shows
 
I got lotsa boxes.. I forgot dmesg - please remind me
there is also a partition fixer that comes with windows
it comes up but it doesn't tell me what params to use
 
the partitionson (DOS/XP/CAELinux) the system am using took a lot of work to
set up and I don't want to mess them.
 
there was a lot of things I tried last time this happened - nothing worked
gparted says unrecognisable drive format
but I see this as prolly lost cause
 
The goon ghules at android run rough shod on a lot of standards
 
 
In <slrnul3ucv.370.dan@djph.net> by Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> on Mon, 13 Nov 2023 05:24:04 we perused:
*+-On 2023-11-12, vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
*+->
*+-> I printed stuff from USB at FedEx than transfered some files
*+-> from phone to USB then USB went blank. Took it home, same.
*+-> Is there any quick way to fix this?
 
*+-Go to $store of choice, and buy a new one. You mentioned gparted, so I
*+-assume you have a Linux box -- what happens in dmesg when you plug it
*+-in?
 
 
 
--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net>: Nov 13 01:25PM


> I got tons of free usb drives from trade shows
 
> I got lotsa boxes.. I forgot dmesg - please remind me
 
Well, dmesg would show kernel-level logging when you plug in the device,
that is "does the machine even recognize what you've plugged in?".
 
Might not show partition details (in fact, it probably doesn't, beyond
"found 1 partition"), but it'll at least show things like the
manufacturer / serial number / etc. that will at least point towards
"what has failed" (e.g. if it gets the vendor data, but can't talk to
the flash ... might be a case of an "unsafe ejection" broke the
formatting on the flash).
 
 
--
|_|O|_|
|_|_|O| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert
|O|O|O| PGP: DDAB 23FB 19FA 7D85 1CC1 E067 6D65 70E5 4CE7 2860
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment