Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 3 topics

Amanda Riphnykhazova <licensedtoquill@gmail.com>: Mar 27 02:56PM -0700

About 25 years ago I bought a baseballs hat with a solar panel on the top which drove a fan motor. It looked terrible and never moved enough air onto the user's forehead to actually do anything. After a while I got the impression that the panel was no longer giving out ANY power.
 
I wonder if it might be possible to replace the 25 year old solar panel with a more modern one which actually works?
 
Possibly a flexible panel which goes round the head a bit? What values should I try looking for? Or am I kidding myself that I might get this thing to work? Is that why no one has tried putting these things back into production?
Terry Schwartz <tschw10117@aol.com>: Mar 27 07:09PM -0700

On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 4:56:47 PM UTC-5, Amanda Riphnykhazova wrote:
> About 25 years ago I bought a baseballs hat with a solar panel on the top which drove a fan motor. It looked terrible and never moved enough air onto the user's forehead to actually do anything. After a while I got the impression that the panel was no longer giving out ANY power.
 
> I wonder if it might be possible to replace the 25 year old solar panel with a more modern one which actually works?
 
> Possibly a flexible panel which goes round the head a bit? What values should I try looking for? Or am I kidding myself that I might get this thing to work? Is that why no one has tried putting these things back into production?
 
Solar cell efficiency certainly has improved, but not enough (in the cells available to you) to make any difference in that gimmicky hat.
Amanda Riphnykhazova <licensedtoquill@gmail.com>: Mar 28 08:06AM -0700

So, even after 25 years of solar panel development, the most i can expect (if I replace that el-cheapo rectangular panel at the top) is to restore it to its former lousy operational state?
"jfeng@my-deja.com" <jfeng@my-deja.com>: Mar 28 09:09AM -0700

On Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 8:06:08 AM UTC-7, Amanda Riphnykhazova wrote:
> So, even after 25 years of solar panel development, the most i can expect
> (if I replace that el-cheapo rectangular panel at the top) is to restore it
> to its former lousy operational state?
Are you sure the problem is a wimpy solar panel? Does the fan blow adequately if you power it from batteries? If you look on ebay, you can find lots of sellers of solar cells, fans, and caps, both separately and combined.
Amanda Riphnykhazova <licensedtoquill@gmail.com>: Mar 27 02:49PM -0700

If it was head and shoulders better than all the rest, It was probably a Nakamichi. mine has that light feature you mention, though you may be concertinaing time. It is quite a bit newer than you remember
amdx <nojunk@knology.net>: Mar 27 06:53PM -0500

On 11/9/2019 9:17 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
 
> ** Might as well Google "cat" and select images in order to find your missing one.
 
> .... Phil
 
That's not a terrible idea, but, I would try searching Ebay and zip
through several hundred pictures of amplifiers, one might pop out at you.
Mikek
amdx <nojunk@knology.net>: Mar 27 07:02PM -0500

On 11/9/2019 3:51 AM, Chris wrote:
> the remote control unit's volume button was activated.
 
> Does that ring any bells with anyone? I wouldn't mind trying to find
> another one!
 
Marantz or Macintosh? But really in the end, you have to have a pretty
poor amplifier for the speakers not to be the limiting factor.
 
IMHO, Mikek
Winfield Hill <winfieldhill@yahoo.com>: Mar 28 06:51AM -0700

amdx wrote...
>> small volume knob with a little red LED on one edge of it
>> which lit-up and physically rotated whenever the remote
>> control unit's volume button was activated.
 
Too bad, actually quite a few amplifiers had that
feature, my wife's parents had one in Florida.
 
 
--
Thanks,
- Win
"Ron D." <ron.dozier@gmail.com>: Mar 27 11:58AM -0700

My laser printer is in the basement. I have to store my unused paper in a heated part of the house or it may jam. It's OK, if it's in the printer.
 
There is a "curl" to the paper and the printer feeds better one way. So, flip and rotate sometimes helps.
 
Humidity affects paper.
 
You have pick-up and separation.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment