Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 5 topics

"Wilson F." <blitzkrieg.wilson@gmail.com>: Aug 30 09:28AM -0700

Hello
I would like to help owners of DMR-ES20 to fix the known "zero" error.
This occur due a failure on PSU section that can't provide correct voltages to other sections/modules.
Is recommended replace 7 electrolytic capacitors (a cap kit) with 105°C range.
 
C1143 100uF 350V
C1150 56uF 35V
C1280 680uF 10V
C1400 470uf 16V
C1270 1000uf 16V
C1260 1500uF 10V
C1281 47uF 25V
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com: Aug 30 01:14PM

Right half screen kinds acts like a roll down, Flickers
 
What do you call this?
I'm from the days when all you had was vertical and horizontal hold
 
Is it temporary (lotsa storms recently)?
 
I say this because I've had TVs that lost all sound and then turned it on
years later and was fine.
 
I've owned tub TVs for about a decade each.
I had two old freq LCD TVs (BW, 1") that lasted twenty.
Prolly would still work if freq did
 
 
 
--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
etpm@whidbey.com: Aug 29 10:14AM -0700

I spent lots of time in the Santa Cruz Mountains as a teen and up in
into my early 20s. I can't even count how many times I drove or was
driven on Hwy. 9. I loved Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, and Felton. I
remember digging for shark teeth. I'm sure happy you are doing OK and
didn't lose your house. 1500 feet is awful close. If there was a fire
burning 1500 feet from my house it would be burning my woods or my
neighbor's woods. Scary.
Eric
 
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 08:38:40 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>
wrote:
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>: Aug 29 10:33AM -0700

On 2020/08/29 8:38 a.m., Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead were my hangouts. I liked it so much that
> when I finally decided to buy a house, it was in an area that looked
> much likg Big Bear.
 
Hi Jeff,
 
When/if you get a new roof you may want to consider a metal one - if you
don't already have that...and clear all brush around your home.
 
A friend of mine lives in the mountains of BC and is a fire warden for
his area along with other residents. They all have metal roofs on their
homes, but with so much timber it may be pointless extra protection..
 
Glad you are OK.
 
John :-#)#
 
--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>: Aug 29 12:06PM -0700

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 10:33:43 -0700, John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>
wrote:
 
>When/if you get a new roof you may want to consider a metal one - if you
>don't already have that...and clear all brush around your home.
 
Part of my house has a flat roof. Corrugated metal roofs don't work
very well with a low slope roof line. Also, I lived in a trailer with
a metal roof for a time. I really didn't enjoy trying to sleep in the
rain, which sounded like loud banging inside a drum. However, a metal
roof is the standard recommendation for fire proofing a house in the
forest. There are also financial considerations which I don't want to
discuss.
 
As for brush, there is plenty around me. The house is on a steep 45
degree slope. The idea behind defensible space is so the fire
fighters can being in equipment put out a fire. It gives them room to
work. That's not going to happen on a steep slope. I'll probably do
a better job of brush removal, but that's not going to be even close
to the recommended 100 ft defensible space.
<https://www.fire.ca.gov/programs/communications/defensible-space-prc-4291/>
incidentally, my lot is about 50 x 85ft. With such small lots, 100ft
of defensible space is ludicrous because it would require a 2 acre lot
to fit a typical 1500 sq-ft house.
 
>A friend of mine lives in the mountains of BC and is a fire warden for
>his area along with other residents. They all have metal roofs on their
>homes, but with so much timber it may be pointless extra protection..
 
I have redwood decks located around the outside of the house in
various locations. Should I switch to synthetic decking or more
likely, a concrete patio? Maybe corrugated metal decking or diamond
plate? No thanks.
 
>Glad you are OK.
 
I'm ok for now, but there are big problems on the horizon. For
example, I had planned to finance my retirement with a reverse
mortgage, which uses the value of the house for collateral on a loan.
The problem is no loan company or bank is going to loan me money
unless I pay for 100% replacement cost insurance on the house. If I
fail to pay, or the insurance company cancels, they foreclose on the
loan. So much for my retirement. I'll probably end up working until
I drop dead just to support my various insurance policies.
 
When I bought the house in 1973(?), I knew about the risk of fire.
Actually, earthquake was considered to be a greater risk at the time.
We've had a few local brush fires, but the redwoods lived up to their
reputation of being almost fireproof. However, the current fire had
100F temperatures and far too much forest floor debris, which caused
the redwood to burn quite easily. There are were also 300+ lightning
fires scattered all over the state. The odds of that happening
simultaneously again are very small and might be sufficient to justify
living with the risk.
 
--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
jo shua <joshuax500@gmail.com>: Aug 29 11:29AM -0700

On Wednesday, 4 March 2015 at 02:30:16 UTC, palli...(edited) wrote:
 
> My customer uses the PL-9 to drive six, horn loaded bass bins in his PA system, each with a 600W, 15inch, 8ohm speakers.
 
> The PL-9 and PL-6 have a reputation for poor reliability, so I hope I never sees this beast again and if it ever blows up it can stay that way, as far as I am concerned.
 
> ... Phil
 
Hi,
 
Much appreciated post.
 
Does anyone know how I can privately get in touch with Phil?
 
Regards
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com>: Aug 29 11:08AM -0700

>https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/phones-slow-usage-years/
 
>I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that shows the write count for
>memory in an Android phone.
 
 
Maybe:
"Samsung's HIDDEN Diagnostic Mode [Test Mode]"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIoZ4TSAQoQ>
If you look at the tests offered, the button in the lower left is for
an "MLC" test, which might be a memory test. I don't have access to a
working Samsung phone to test this.
 
Hint: Samsung phone model number? It might be amusing to verify the
type of SSD used in the phone. Also, the larger SSD chips use a
rather large SLC area as a cache, which drastically reduces access
wear and tear in the MLC/TLC/QLC memory.
 
There are also apps that claim to do a "storage stress test":
"Phone Check and Test"
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inpocketsoftware.andTest&hl=en_US>
I'm not sure that beating up on the Flash RAM is a good idea if it's
really that fragile.
--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com
150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 5 topics"

Post a Comment