Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 2 topics

"pfjw@aol.com" <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Aug 31 06:40AM -0700

Some here may know that I operate the Part-15 compliant AM & FM transmitters for the Kutztown Radio Meet. Given that vintage TVs are becoming more prevalent at the show, I would also like to operate a small VHF television transmitter featuring vintage movies and such. I see lots of stuff out there for UHF, nothing that specifically lists VHF, other than DIY stuff, for which I have neither the time nor inclination given I do not collect any sort of TV stuff.
 
Kit or ready-made - any suggestions? Remember, I am in the USA.
 
Thanks in advance!
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Chuck <chuck23@dejanews.net>: Aug 31 11:01AM -0500

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 06:40:32 -0700 (PDT), "pfjw@aol.com"
 
>Thanks in advance!
 
>Peter Wieck
>Melrose Park, PA
Would this do?
https://www.pcs-electronics.com/tvmax6010v-lohi-transmitter-p-1224.html
Wond <lost@the.ether.net>: Aug 31 04:10PM


> Kit or ready-made - any suggestions? Remember, I am in the USA.
 
> Thanks in advance!
 
> Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA
 
A stand-alone A-V modulator unit from the VCR era gets you to channel 3
or 4; a good antenna-distribution amplifier makes that transmittable; a
vertically mounted folded dipole antenna allows you to match with a balun.
All often available at thrift stores etc. I have used this to re-
transmit to a small area in a remote location, it worked fine.
"pfjw@aol.com" <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Aug 31 09:18AM -0700

> Would this do?
> https://www.pcs-electronics.com/tvmax6010v-lohi-transmitter-p-1224.html
 
Thank you for that link! It is a good start.
 
But, by the time I got out of there, I was well over $400 - not what I would care to spend for something that would get used twice per year for a hobby I do not have. I am trying to be a full-service OTA provider for the good of the club, and to help the other vendors as I do with the AM & FM-stereo transmitters. UHF TV would close the loop covering all the relevant receivers and tuners.
 
Thanks again!
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
"pfjw@aol.com" <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Aug 31 09:24AM -0700

> vertically mounted folded dipole antenna allows you to match with a balun.
> All often available at thrift stores etc. I have used this to re-
> transmit to a small area in a remote location, it worked fine.
 
I have everything on that list in-hand but for an A-V modulator and distribution amplifier. I expect that those things are not hard to find with timing being the only issue at this point.
 
Thank you!
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
amdx <amdx@knology.net>: Aug 30 04:59PM -0500

On 8/29/2020 1:29 PM, jo shua wrote:
 
> Much appreciated post.
 
> Does anyone know how I can privately get in touch with Phil?
 
> Regards
 
Have you tried, Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> ?
 
 
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com>: Aug 30 08:25PM -0700

amdx wrote:
 
===========
 
> > Does anyone know how I can privately get in touch with Phil?
 
> > Regards
 
> Have you tried, Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com> ?
 
** Phil is right here if the OP wants to ask something.
 
 
 
..... Phil
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment