Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 3 topics

David Farber <farberbear.unspam@aol.com>: Apr 29 09:08AM -0700

I have a 1997 Subaru Legacy. When I plug in my scanner to the OBD2 port,
the slightest little jiggle in the cable will kill the power to the
scanner and then it has to reboot. I've tried another scanner and it
does the same thing. Is there an easy way to tighten up the pins in the
car's OBD2 port so that it stops cutting out?
 
Thanks for your replies.
 
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA
"Miguel Giménez" <me@privacy.net>: Apr 29 01:19PM +0200

Good morning
 
I own a LG 42LW5500-ZE Smart TV about ten years old. It worked OK until
about two weeks ago, when the sound quality started to degrade and has
worsened from day to day. It sounds as a mix of saturation, crossover
distortion, box resonation and loudspeaker cone broken. I will open the
set this weekend, but before I would like to know if anybody has any
experience with this.
 
The sound make me remember class AB discrete amplifiers, when the bias
was not properly adjusted and the transition of one leg to the other was
not smooth, but the TV amplifier looks a class D one (NTP-7400L).
 
TIA
 
--
Saludos
Miguel Giménez
"Peter W." <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Apr 29 04:34AM -0700

I have no idea of the environment around the TV, but it could be as simple as something crawling into the speaker and causing havoc, or the speaker itself self-destructing. Something hatching out inside would account for the slow degradation. It is springtime. after all! Be careful when opening....
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
"ohg...@gmail.com" <ohger1s@gmail.com>: Apr 29 07:52AM -0700

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 7:19:13 AM UTC-4, Miguel Giménez wrote:
 
> --
> Saludos
> Miguel Giménez
 
Bad speakers. LG made their own and they were crap. Even if you find some on ebay, they're just as old and likely to sound like garbage. Just add a cheap soundbar or powered computer speakers/sub. Even a crappy soundbar will sound a lot better than the LG did when it was new. The rest of the TV is well made.
amdx <amdx@knology.net>: Apr 28 03:56PM -0500

On 4/28/2021 4:05 AM, micky wrote:
> I might be able to do that.
 
> Fortunately it wasn't needed this time. you probably saw that it just
> needed to be reset.
 
OH, sorry, I must have glossed over that bit of information.
 
Well, anyway, I'm glad to have a searchable bit of information in case
someone else has a problem.
 
It was an interesting project, sense there was nothing to lean on I had
to draw the schematic and figure out how it worked.
 
Glad it was only the output section, if it was in the digital section, I
would have passed on it.
 
I tried to make a permanent post about it, but I have searched and it
doesn't pop up.
 
                                         Mikek
 
 
 
 
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment