Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 4 topics

ABLE1 <somebody@nowhere.com>: Jul 29 10:21AM -0400

Hello,
 
I thought I would post this question here to see if someone can assist.
 
I have a outside flood light on the soffit at about 16 Feet AGL with
a motion sensor that is mounted at about 8 Feet AGL that is powered
24/7 from a 120VAC Switch inside the garage.
 
That is until Mother Nature throws a lightning bolt ⚡💥and zaps the
power off for a second or two. When that happens at night the motion
sensor head powers the lights on until I happen to notice and flip the
switch off for about 5 - 8 seconds and then all returns to normal,
otherwise the lights stay on until the Sun comes up.
Which is not needed and cranks up the electric bill!$!$!
 
I could tear all the Romex wiring apart, install a water proof box,
wire in a Time Delay Relay so that when the power comes back on the
Motion Head is not powered for maybe 30 seconds or so.
 
However, that seems like a lot of work and there should be a easier
way!!!
 
So, anyone have a thought or solution that would fit inside
of a 4" Round Weather Tight Box that the Motion Head is mounted on??
 
Or maybe some other thoughts that would make it a simple fix??
 
Maybe some small Electronic Circuit thingie that would fix the problem.
 
Thanks for any hints.
 
Les
The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>: Jul 28 02:27PM -0700

On 7/27/23 10:34 PM, whit3rd wrote:
 
> Pull keycaps off, and remove casing and cords if possible, first.
 
> On buckling-key keyboards this is all OK; on membrane keyboards, though,
> the water wicks into the sandwich layers and never comes out.
 
We poured distilled water through it and let it dry overnight (SoCal,
we're having a heat wave here). One worked. One partially worked, so
I'm going to be less gentle with that one and let it dry longer. Yeah,
we have half a dozen waiting for revivification.
 
The differences are interesting. On one the top just goes on easily.
On another you have to fit the bottom (closest to the spacebar) part in
first and remove some of the keytops and even then there's some magical
thing that we're missing.
 
And how many nutdriver sets have a thinwall 5.5mm or 7/32? FEH!
 
--
Cheers, Bev
Linux -- the ultimate freebie!
Hiram T Schwantz <hiramtschwantz@gmail.com>: Jul 28 04:51PM -0400

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:38:27 -0400, Ed P posted for all of us to digest...
 
 
> > How do I fix this?
 
> If you want navigation, buy a Garmin. Cheaper than any service call for
> repairing the DVD unit.
 
Get a Garmin unit that ends with LT - Means lifetime maps & traffic or use
Waze.
 
--
Hiram
Jim Joyce <none@none.invalid>: Jul 28 03:17PM -0500


>> I currently live in south Mississippi. I know something about humidity.
 
>A single CD changer that can deal with MP3 format, convert all the songs
>you want into MP3 format and stick them onto a *single CD*.
 
I experimented with MP3 CDs but I pretty quickly transitioned to USB thumb
drives, especially the little fingernail-size ones. I still have some of those
but these days I almost always use SiriusXM. I have a single subscription that I
use (via Bluetooth) in both vehicles, the office, the living room, the back
porch, the garage, and everywhere in between since it runs on my phone.
 
>I had the 6
>stack CD in my 2010 Corolla - and found I never used it much.
 
Exactly my experience.
 
>of my CDs to use in the car. At the same time I would rip them into MP3
>format and the CDs would then be stored in a safe, dry and cool spot.
 
>Haven't used a CD in the car in, quite literally, years.
 
Same here. I don't use CDs in the house, as well. My fancy Technics 5-disc
changer hasn't been out of its box in 15-20 years, and none of my computers has
an optical drive of any type, although I do still have an external CD/DVD drive
in a drawer, just in case. I haven't needed it in years.
 
>I think they
>are phasing car CD players out in newer models, my current Toyota is
>2016 and still has one.
 
My 2016 Kia and 2017 Toyota, both bought new, still have CD players. I've never
used either of them.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 4 topics"

Post a Comment