Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au>: Aug 24 09:02AM +1000

> with foot pedals that could email you the file. Usually at some big law firm
> we sometimes hired. With most home scanners you need to do a dance every time
> you turn the page.
 
**No-brainer. Buy a laser device. Of the laser units, I prefer HP, but
Brother is probably as good, but a bit cheaper. DO NOT EVER BUY a Samsung.
 
I've owned an HP MFP M479fnw for a couple of years (still current, I
believe). It has performs flawlessly for that period. It's fast and even
prints photos with respectable quality, though not up to good ink jet
quality. If I had my druthers, I would have spent the extra and bought
the duplex printing model for a few extra Bucks. As it is, I have to
shuffle paper around to arrange duplex printing. Toner is expensive, but
lasts a long time. Paper jams are very, very rare and easily cleared
when they do occur. Swapping toner cartridges is a doddle. Nothing like
the Samsung, which jammed every other day and required a screwdriver to
clear!
 
Just don't buy a Samsung. Buy an HP or a Brother.
 
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com
Tim R <timothy42bach@gmail.com>: Aug 24 06:03AM -0700

On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 7:02:28 PM UTC-4, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> > Please advise.
 
> > I'm looking for a heavy duty sole-practitioner multifunction printer, fax,
> > scanner, &c (was gonna jibe: toothbrush, vaccuum, dishwasher, and pet
 
I use a Brother black and white laser. I haven't seen an affordable color laser with good quality, and the kids are grown so no more need for color for schoolwork. B&W is enough for 98%, and I can use an office supply store on the rare occasions I need color. Ink jets are a waste of time, IMO.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic"

Post a Comment