Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 5 topics

JW <none@dev.null>: Aug 31 11:12AM -0400

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 10:18:01 -0400 JW <none@dev.null> wrote in Message id:
>battery so I can't stray far from an outlet. I have an LG Escape2 phone
>and I found a free app to measure signal strength. Cool.
>I should have the router this week and I'll do the before and after test.
 
Got the new router and have it all set up. Previously with the old router,
I was able to stray about 150' from the house before the power level
dropped to -90dBm and speed to 1Mbps. I now get about 250' before the same
occurs. Typical power levels with the new router are about 12dBm higher
than with the old router from the same distances.
 
I'm currently running all the devices on the network at 2.4GHz. I'll
probably leave it that way as I think only my phone is capable of dual
band operation, and according to the Internet (so it must be true) 2.4Ghz
has better range and penetration through walls than 5GHz.
 
Seems to be working great so far. Thanks for your advice Jeff.
"pfjw@aol.com" <pfjw@aol.com>: Aug 31 08:10AM -0700

Mpfffff....
 
Now, exactly what is wrong with:
 
From each according to his abilities.
To each according to his needs.
 
Ignore the :his: vs. the more politically correct his/her, just look at the logic of the statement.
 
Warren Buffet, clearly, has abilities beyond the normal, yet lives quite modestly. He could be a good standard as to the "to each". He is also very, very productive, and so a decent example of the "from each".
 
Bill Gates is also exceedingly generous - but not so modest. Perhaps a case could be made that his "to" is in proportion to his needs and based on his abilities.
 
As to American politics - we get exactly the government we deserve, as we vote them in time after time after time, and every part and piece of our government devolves back to those elected "representatives" as by deliberate choice or by neglect, they permit all those parts and pieces to continue.
 
The difference between *your* politicians and *my* politicians is that mine tell me the lies that I want to hear, yours tell you the lies you want to hear. That they are lying is neither in doubt or a subject of debate.
 
Lastly, keep in mind that the Average American:
 
Does not have a college education.
Does not have a passport.
Speaks one language - badly.
Has never traveled voluntarily more than 200 miles from his/her birthplace.
Has never visited a foreign country, not even the Mexico or Canada.
Cannot name the Speaker of the House, even today.
Cannot name the three branches of government.
Does not believe in Evolution (42% creationism, 32% evolution, 26% no opinion).
Only 71.2% of eligible voters are registered.
Only 57.5% of registered voters voted in 2012.
Meaning that the average American eligible to vote does not vote (only 41.5% net).
 
And you think that our present government is anything other than exactly what we deserve, doing exactly what we should expect it to do based on what we tell it (and allow) it to do?
 
This has not one damned thing to do with party, democrat, republican, libertarian, communist, green, whatever. It has to do with massive, systemic and deliberate neglect, and industrial-grade stupidity mixed equally with mil.Spec. ignorance.
 
Like some few of you here, I have lived in another culture vastly different from here - and I have seen how Americans are perceived in other parts of the world. You might be surprised how easily it is for other cultures to separate Americans (whom they largely respect and admire) from American Culture (continuous amazement, mixed with a varying amounts of jealousy and horror) and the American Government (poorly understood, largely disliked - much as here).
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
ksroopa123456@gmail.com: Aug 31 04:37AM -0700

Mills in Bangalore : The pinnacle suppliers , Generator services and dealers and producers of turbines in Bangalore and income carrier portal specific for power turbines, Diesel generators and DG sets in Bangalore
http://www.busybizz.com/Generator-Sales-Bangalore.php
"pfjw@aol.com" <pfjw@aol.com>: Aug 31 05:17AM -0700

Next time I am in Bangalore, I will be sure to call. Perhaps with a bag of sugar...
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
"Ian Field" <gangprobing.alien@ntlworld.com>: Aug 30 07:14PM +0100

<jurb6006@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:b4c546df-5b9b-413d-b800-6fab1310ef66@googlegroups.com...
> and reverse the meter coil polarity that would work.
 
> However, a bridge rectifier would introduce error, and that error would be
> greater at lower voltages. Many meter movement barely need a volt
 
I remember meter shunts being available in 2 different types - one was 100mV
and the other might have been something like 70mV.
 
It was usually printed in a corner of the dial plate so you could order the
right shunt.
jurb6006@gmail.com: Aug 30 09:56PM -0700

>and the other might have been something like 70mV.
 
>It was usually printed in a corner of the dial plate so you could >order the
>right shunt. "
 
What Terrell say about the bridge rectifier only introducing about a volt of error only applies if there is no shunt. I am not sure. Now this Keithley we got has a shunt but will ot rui into 10 megs, so that leaves regular VTVMs out.
 
These totally passive HV probes must load more than a 1090 meg one, and certainly do for the Keithley probe which is way up in the gigohms. I forget the specs but the resistance is very high.
 
I am not so sure we need it that high. A CRT pulls current, some even do a bit on the focus electrode though I think i a perfect one it doesn't. But there is current from the cathode to anode so I think 1100 megs will be high enough to determine if it is i regulation and whatever. Most of the scope print I have seen seem to indicate it would be alright for the control grid or the blanking grid as well. That is what we need. We are not measuring the output of a Van De Graff generator here.
 
Still waiting to hear if all the low voltage supplies are there. Many of the older Tek CROs used the supply that fed the 15V regulator, unregulated and just regulated the HV directly.There could be fusibles to that supply. Sorry, but I am just about doe studying prints for people, let them download them and have a look, ad maybe learn something in the process. I am tired, half blind and my computer is quite full. I am tired of going to BAMA, electrotanya, hifiengie and that 401 whatever for nothing, I don't even do that for work anymore since my computer there disappeared. I couldn't stand the thing anyway with Win 10 on it. Can't up the font so I can see the damn thing, can't change the homepage to Google, fukit. I get paid by the hour and if they slow me down it costs me NOTHING. It costs them. I am tired of fucking around. I got a stack of 53 amplifiers that need a modification, go ahead and drag your feet. Take some more tools away, I don't give a fuck. I used to but now I will sit on the head, do my nails or who fucking knows.
 
I said what I said, check the low voltage supplies first. Not having a trace can be caused by 100 different things, not just lack of HV.
"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terrell@earthlink.net>: Aug 31 06:47AM -0400

>> right shunt. "
 
> What Terrell say about the bridge rectifier only introducing about a volt of error only applies if there is no shunt. I am not sure. Now this Keithley we got has a shunt but will ot rui into 10 megs, so that leaves regular VTVMs out.
 
> These totally passive HV probes must load more than a 1090 meg one, and certainly do for the Keithley probe which is way up in the gigohms. I forget the specs but the resistance is very high.
 
 
What is the model of that probe? You should be able to find out what
Keithley meters it was made to work with.
 
The 1600A probe looks to be made for a 1 Meg input impedance meter.
 
The manual says the resistor is ~ 1000Meg, and it it a 1000:1 probe, so
it would be used on the 50V range.
 
 
<http://www.libertytest.com/assetmanager/uploaded/pdf-2011721-141719-kei_1600a-ug.pdf>
Micky <NONONObobbyburns1111@gmail.com>: Aug 31 01:36AM -0400


>if speaker ohms doahn match amp ohms then the mismatch will blow the amps output circuit ....
 
I'm sure I posted NeverMind to my first crisis post, but I don't see
it coming back to me. I posted a couple hours after the first one to
say that I installed it anyhow, Tuesday morning. Then Tuesday
evening I went for a drive and the speaker is great. It booms like
crazy. When I get the seatback back in place, it will be muffled a
little bit, so it will be more balanced with the other rear speakers.
 
 
>speakers are cheap.
 
I don't know how you mean that. They don't last long; they're cheap
to make; cheap to buy, they break easy? If you made the voice coil
heavier, the speaker would not be as responsive, I think. This
speaker is not cheap, lists at $260, sells for about $200.
 
>read:
 
>https://www.google.com/#q=bcae+speaker+wriring
 
There are 18,000 hits there. I wouldn't know which one to read.
 
>glue is not glue....glue is ADHESIVES search: adhesives...there's a sheet.
 
I'm sure there are more than 18,000 hits on adhesives. Even harder
to know which one to read. Everyone knows what is meant when
someone says glue. And why do you think glue is not glue? How does
it differ from adhesives?
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 5 topics"

Post a Comment