Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 2 topics

jurb6006@gmail.com: Apr 23 12:26AM -0700

I just cleaned a Brother.
 
Has separate ink cartridges, the head stays. It wasn't the head, the tubes were clogged up. The black was actually what was clogged up, the others had air pockets in them. Probably got run too low for too long. I looked around the internet and found out that apparently Windex is safe to use. So I took some tubing, removed the feed (and lost the clip) and blew Windex through the tube. then I fashioned a spring thing to hold what the clip used to hold and let er rip with a bunch of black only cleaning cycles to purge the cleaner and get ink in there.
 
The ink in the black tube actually looked dried out. I guess that;s what happens when there is air in it.
 
It works now. The colors don't come out absolutely perfect on the test page but we'll do a bunch of color printing with the new ink in it and that should take care of it. They are obviously not dried up because they work.
 
My last two jobs, at what they billed my labor you could have bought at least four of these printers with a fresh set of cartridges each, and then some. They would definitely never take another one in once they found out how cheap they are. But I am in frugal mode right now.
Ralph Mowery <rmowery28146@earthlink.net>: Apr 23 10:55AM -0400

In article <0d2f9d3f-3a12-408e-9594-2cad12859c8a@googlegroups.com>,
jurb6006@gmail.com says...
 
> I just cleaned a Brother.
 
> Has separate ink cartridges, the head stays. It wasn't the head, the tubes were clogged up. The black was actually what was clogged up, the others had air pockets in them. Probably got run too low for too long. I looked around the internet and found out that apparently Windex is safe to use. So I took some tubing, removed the
feed (and lost the clip) and blew Windex through the tube. then I fashioned a spring thing to hold what the clip used to hold and let er rip with a bunch of black only cleaning cycles to purge the cleaner and get ink in there.
 
> The ink in the black tube actually looked dried out. I guess that;s what happens when there is air in it.
 
> It works now. The colors don't come out absolutely perfect on the test page but we'll do a bunch of color printing with the new ink in it and that should take care of it. They are obviously not dried up because they work.
 
> My last two jobs, at what they billed my labor you could have bought at least four of these printers with a fresh set of cartridges each, and then some. They would definitely never take another one in once they found out how cheap they are. But I am in frugal mode right now.
 
Unless you have a heavy duty printer, it is often better just to get a
new one. With printers less than $ 70 and some less than $ 50, just get
a new one and the ink cartridges for less than $ 150. A repair bill
will cost a lot and then you still have to pay for the ink.
 
Company my son works for got talked into a deal with Canon for their
printers. It is a large company,but they have 3 men just for office type
printers. Most of the time they just sit around. For what they pay for
that conract, they could probalby buy everyone a new printer every year.
"pfjw@aol.com" <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Apr 23 08:01AM -0700

We have an Epson eco-tank unit. It reminds us to print something on the first of each month. So far, so good. Not the cheapest printer in the pack, but it meets our modest needs. The double-sided print feature is also appealing.
 
We do about 80 pages per month to various ends.
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
jurb6006@gmail.com: Apr 23 08:43AM -0700

>"Unless you have a heavy duty printer, it is often better just to get a
new one."
 
1. I got time on my hands.
 
2. I am sick of this "You can buy" shit, all of which sends our borrowed money overseas. And if you think YOU don't use credit, the dollars are on credit. Anytime I can keep money from foreigners I think that is good.
 
I do have a LASER printer, but this one avoids a trip to the basement. It's also the only FAX machine in the house and while it would send it wouldn't print so... Also could not print the confirmation of a sent FAX.
 
I am also going through stuff to work on, I got time. I haven't been able to work for awhile so I need to get my legs back so to speak. Next is a microwave bought in 1992. When they were $ 89 this one was $ 150 wholesale. A new one will not outlast it. It has a burned out light, a bad connection, I think to the gate of the triac, and I am going to trow a capacitor in it whether it is good or not. (seems like it used to have more power.
 
New and improved means improved profits for the manufacturer, cheaper to produce and as a result harder to work on usually.
 
>"For what they pay for that conract, they could probalby buy everyone a new printer every year. "
 
Well, a local grocery store has 8 oz. cans of sauce or 20 cents or a 15.5 ox can of he same thing for 69 cents. A bag boy didn't set those prices. Don't expect brains from anyone.
 
And now, if this printer ever needs cleaning agian it will be a 15 minute job.
jurb6006@gmail.com: Apr 23 08:46AM -0700

>"We do about 80 pages per month to various ends. "
 
I do even less than that, except for now because I have a court case and am going pro se. But because I print less I have to buy a more expensive printer - a LASER. I also like that the prints are waterproof, and a few other things proof. Seems like an inkjet print bleeds from looking at it and thinking about water. But get that ink on your hands and...
+++ATH0 <news@ringpiece.local>: Apr 22 04:10PM -0700

On 2018-04-17 07:11, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
> Am Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:14:57 +0100, schrieb James Wilkinson Sword:
 
>> A load of shit
 
> Another load of shit
 
 
What a load of shit you tossers spout.
"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" <nowhere@somewear.co.uk>: Apr 23 12:21AM +0100


>>> A load of shit
 
>> Another load of shit
 
> What a load of shit you tossers spout.
 
What do you expect from someone called "Ragnusen"?
 
--
Worlds most powerful nob enlarger - a space suit with a fly zip
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment