Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 3 topics

The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>: Jun 24 08:59AM -0700

On 06/22/2018 11:33 PM, N_Cook wrote:
 
> At least you don't need f.c.ing javascript and the inordinate amount of
> crap that comes with it , to view just a couple of kbytes of info.
> Remember Google bought Deja-news and then proceeded to bastardise usenet.
 
I had real hopes at first... Their original search function was really
nice, and then they crippled it. Like google seems to do with
everything. I really miss Picasa.
 
 
--
Cheers, Bev
"The almost universal access to higher education here in the US has
ruined a lot of potentially good manual laborers." -- Bob Hunt
Chuck <ch@dejanews.net>: Jun 23 02:31PM -0500

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:35:43 -0700 (PDT), captainvideo462009@gmail.com
wrote:
 
>This is my own receiver. Last year it started taking longer and longer for the protection relay to activate and turn on the speakers I finally took it out of service. I recall that it had no other problems that were evident. I had posted this problem at that time and I think that it was Chuck up in Canada who nailed it immediately. He recommended changing C6 on the protection board and .that resolved the protect relay problem. Now however there is another problem that I never had before. Most of the dial lights including the signal meter light are out and that meter also seems to be inoperative as well. I never had any trouble with any lighting or the signal meter on this receiver. This is a big quadrophonic receiver. The switching is done through the main selector switch and it's a nightmare to get to. A real rats nest. Does anyone who has worked on these recall any common problems with lighting on one of these? I suspect a ground problem because so many of these lamps are in
>parallel but it's so crowded in that area you can't see anything. I Really appreciate any help. Lenny
Lenny,
See my answer on the Yahoo tv-repair group. Chuck
captainvideo462009@gmail.com: Jun 24 12:57AM -0700

> This is my own receiver. Last year it started taking longer and longer for the protection relay to activate and turn on the speakers I finally took it out of service. I recall that it had no other problems that were evident. I had posted this problem at that time and I think that it was Chuck up in Canada who nailed it immediately. He recommended changing C6 on the protection board and .that resolved the protect relay problem. Now however there is another problem that I never had before. Most of the dial lights including the signal meter light are out and that meter also seems to be inoperative as well. I never had any trouble with any lighting or the signal meter on this receiver. This is a big quadrophonic receiver. The switching is done through the main selector switch and it's a nightmare to get to. A real rats nest. Does anyone who has worked on these recall any common problems with lighting on one of these? I suspect a ground problem because so many of these lamps are in parallel but it's so crowded in that area you can't see anything. I Really appreciate any help. Lenny
 


« Back to Inbox

‹ Newer 3 of about 86 Older ›
Expand all messages Expand all Print conversation Print Open conversation in new window New window
Sansui QRS5500 receiver Inbox
Unstarred Klem Kedidelhopper Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 4:32 PM
2 hidden messages – Show
Unstarred chuck3564@yahoo.com [tv-repair] Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 2:29 PM
Add star Klem Kedidelhopper<captainvideo462009@gmail.com> Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 7:39 PM
To: tv-repair@yahoogroups.com
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
I had actually thought of that. It wouldn't be a problem if the lamps
were on for each mode. I just wish that I could see the burned section
of the switch but it's an impossible jungle of wires.
 
Two weeks ago before I knew about the lighting problem I picked up a
5500 to use for parts, because my quad section has never worked and I
have been thinking that it would be nice to swap a couple o boards and
see what happens. So I have a switch however there is no way I'm
going to tackle replacing that switch.
 
I thought o something else. Back in the late 60's and early to mid
seventies when VHF TV tuners were built with multisection switches I
used to run across a fair number of them that just wouldn't respond to
a good cleaning with a silicon based tuner cleaner. Then they came
out with "Blue Stuff". As long as you didn't spray it on the
neutralizing capacitors it was a miracle of bringing back intermittent
tuners to life once again. I
So I thought I might try degreasing the switch first and then give it
a good cleaning with Blue stuff. and then see what happens. Probably
nothing will come of it but it doesn't hurt to try I guess. Lenny
Randy Day <randy.day@sasktel.netx>: Jun 23 11:22AM -0600

I'm looking for recommendations on a computer-controlled
multimeter to automate a test procedure. I'd like to be
able to have the computer select voltage, resistance, etc.,
choose various ranges in each, and transmit readings to a
PC.
 
I see a lot of units that communicate, but I'm unclear
whether they allow functions and ranges to be set, or
whether they just transmit results from the range selected
on the front dial.
 
The one unusual requirement is a high resistance range (e.g.
2000Mohm). ACV/DCV/ohms ranges can otherwise be similar to
regular handheld units.
 
Any suggestions?
John Larkin <jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com>: Jun 23 11:14AM -0700

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 11:22:06 -0600, Randy Day <randy.day@sasktel.netx>
wrote:
 
>2000Mohm). ACV/DCV/ohms ranges can otherwise be similar to
>regular handheld units.
 
>Any suggestions?
 
We use a lot of Keithley and Fluke benchtop DVMs in test sets, with
ethernet or USB interface. They can set anything under remote control
except for switching between the front and rear-panel inputs.
 
I prefer the Fluke 8845A. It's more stable at microvolt levels, does
good AC measurements, and is EMI harder than the Keithleys.
 
It only measures 100M ohms max, but you could do some simple hack to
measure gigohms.
 
There are cheap handhelds with interfaces, but the interface won't
turn the big range knob.
 
There are also cheap benchtop DVMs, typically Chinese. Might be good
enough.
 
 
 
 
--
 
John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
 
lunatic fringe electronics
Peter Gierschner <oskarx@gmx.de>: Jun 23 09:02PM +0200

Am 23.06.2018 um 19:22 schrieb Randy Day:
> 2000Mohm). ACV/DCV/ohms ranges can otherwise be similar to
> regular handheld units.
 
> Any suggestions?
 
Here
 
https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/hs/UNI-T/
 
are some programs for UNI-T or similar multimeters.
 
peter
John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>: Jun 23 12:28PM -0700

On 2018/06/23 10:22 AM, Randy Day wrote:
> 2000Mohm). ACV/DCV/ohms ranges can otherwise be similar to
> regular handheld units.
 
> Any suggestions?
 
Mooshimeter? Doesn't do resistance, but for remote monitoring of voltage
and current it is handy...and perhaps the designer is interested in
expanding it to resistance.
 
https://moosh.im/mooshimeter/
 
Handy tool!
 
John :-#)#
 
--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Randy Day <randy.day@sasktel.netx>: Jun 23 07:01PM -0600

In article <pgm5g8$ad1$1@news.albasani.net>, oskarx@gmx.de says...
 
[snip]
 
 
> https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/hs/UNI-T/
 
> are some programs for UNI-T or similar multimeters.
 
> peter
 
Bookmarked, thanks!
 
Actually we have a Uni-T at the shop; can't remember
the model number, though. Given the price of benchtop
units that John mentioned, maybe I can run multiple
cheap datalogger units switched in with relays; I
wondered if there might be a low-cost all-in-one
alternative I hadn't seen.
Randy Day <randy.day@sasktel.netx>: Jun 23 07:11PM -0600

In article <rKednWCtDNPrArPGnZ2dnUU7-WfNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
spam@flippers.com says...
 
[snip]
 
> https://moosh.im/mooshimeter/
 
> Handy tool!
 
> John :-#)#
 
Wireless doesn't really offer an advantage in
this instance, but it's an interesting device.
 
Thanks.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment