Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 3 topics

JBI <JBI@ez1.net>: Jun 26 10:37AM -0400

I am getting a platinum coated anode that will have a surface area of 26
cm2 (100 mm long x 8 mm diameter). For my application, the maximum
recommended current density is 200 mA/cm. Based on that, how much
current should be flowing through the anode? I calculate square root of
26 (5.1) times 0.2 which is 1.02 A, is this correct? Thanks.
amdx <nojunk@knology.net>: Jun 26 10:16AM -0500

On 6/26/2018 9:37 AM, JBI wrote:
> recommended current density is 200 mA/cm.  Based on that, how much
> current should be flowing through the anode?  I calculate square root of
> 26 (5.1) times 0.2 which is 1.02 A, is this correct?  Thanks.
 
I'm probably confused but, if it's 8mm in diameter, isn't it 25mm* in
circumference? And, if it's 25mm, then 25mm x 100mm = 2500mm^2,
convert to cm^2 and get 25cm^2. then multiply 200ma x 25cm = 5 amps.
I'll let an adult correct me. I have never seen a platinum coated
electrode.
 
 
 
* have not included areas on end.
JBI <JBI@ez1.net>: Jun 26 11:54AM -0400

On 06/26/2018 11:16 AM, amdx wrote:
>   I'll let an adult correct me. I have never seen a platinum coated
> electrode.
 
> * have not included areas on end.
 
You're at the same place I was originally when I did the calculation,
which made me question whether or not I should take the square root of
the area and then multiply that by current density. When I took the
square, I got the 1.02A above, but much closer to your value when I
didn't.
 
Platinum coated electrodes have many applications:
 
https://tinyurl.com/yaufchs3
"pfjw@aol.com" <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Jun 26 09:06AM -0700

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 11:16:09 AM UTC-4, amdx wrote:
> I'll let an adult correct me. I have never seen a platinum coated
> electrode.
 
> * have not included areas on end.
 
Lemme see- surface area of a cylinder = pi x D x H.
 
3.14159 x 8 = 25.133
 
25.133 x 100 = 2513.3
 
0.0200 x 2513.3 = 502.7
 
Divide by 100 (mm - cm) = 5.02 A.
 
add the end-cap, if relevant = pi x r^2 = 3.14159 x 16 = 50.27 = 0.01A
 
Or, close enough.
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
amdx <nojunk@knology.net>: Jun 26 11:24AM -0500

On 6/26/2018 10:54 AM, JBI wrote:
 
> You're at the same place I was originally when I did the calculation,
> which made me question whether or not I should take the square root of
> the area
 
 
I think the mistake your making is the 26 is already in cm^2, no need to
take the square root. Just 26 x 0.2 = 5.2 amps.
 
OR, another way, your anode is 100mm x 8mm dia or 100mm x 25mm,
convert to cm for 10cm x 2.5cm this equals 25cm^2. 25cm^2 x 0.2 amps = 5
amps.
 
 
and then multiply that by current density.  When I took the
"Miguel Giménez" <me@privacy.net>: Jun 26 12:51PM +0200

> There are manuals for the 34 and 36 on hif-manuals.com, they skip the 35. Perhaps one of them is close enough. Nothing on hifiengine and electrotanya didn't turn up in the results so that is about all I got.
 
> You have to register to get it from hifi-manuals but it is easy and they do nothing, like install anything or spam you, I have had no problem like that at all. You might get just one email with an activation code or page or something and that's it.
 
Thank you for the information. Downloading is currently disabled, I'll
check from time to time. Externally they are very similar.
 
--
Saludos
Miguel Giménez
jurb6006@gmail.com: Jun 25 01:41PM -0700

I joined not too long ago. Originally I got into Tekscopes@groups.io. then Tekscopes2, and then made my own, TestgearNotTekScopes.
 
they are pretty strict about content, so there is no politics or any of that, but it has proven to be a valuable resource for those who work on Tek scopes, and most other things due to my group.
 
The site does not require anything, but you can also be thrown out if you post off topic things. They don't spam you or bug you to update your browser, FF15 works just fine. If you got something off topic to discuss there are email links for the members. At first you might think you are getting spammed because they send you an email about all the new posts, go to "subscription" and tell it you want a daily summary. That way you just get what has been updated in the groups once a day.
 
I will not allow much discussion of Tek scopes on TestgearNotTekScopes because I do not want to fragment that group of dedicated Tek scope aficionados.
 
There is alot of test gear out there that is not a Tek scope, so to discuss that without any bullshit, join. No politics, no insults especially about anyone's technical expertise, if you know more, reveal it or STFU.
 
I mention this because I figure that out there people do work on test equipment and don't want to wade through a million posts about Obama, Trump, Clintons, the TPP, NAFTA and all that shit. There are places for that.
 
If you want to get technical, go for it, just remember it is moderated, not like here.
 
I allow some leeway in testgear, for example, if you work on tape decks or tuners or whatever, an amp or receiver can be considered a test unit as it is needed to test the unit. A monitor for example, if you work on PCs, well that is necessary, if you work on VCRs (some still do) then a video monitor or TV could be testgear.
 
If consumer electronics goes too big, I will split it off to another group but that remains to be seen. Also, I might be looking for moderators soon. If nothing else just to approve new members' first posts. After that they are not moderated, but you can tell if it is spam or whatever. If it is objectionable then don't approve it. I'll take care of the banning and plonking.
 
So maybe try it out. You can pick no email if you want, I don't and any moderators shouldn't because they have to approve posts from new members.
 
If anyone wants and can't find it I will provide direct links.
 
Your call.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment