Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 11 updates in 2 topics

Fox's Mercantile <jdangus@att.net>: Jul 24 05:36PM -0500

>> you can't fix stupid. "
> > In fact what have you EVER contributed here ?
 
> All you do is bitch about other people, are you a cunt ?
 
I may be a cunt, but I'm not an ignorant cunt.
I don't constantly boast about how I "get away with" nor
do I find imaginary boogeymen hiding under every rock.
 
I know what I am capable of doing and doing well. I don't
need to constantly mouth off about how clever I am.
 
So go fuck yourself.
 
 
 
--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi
http:foxsmercantile.com
etpm@whidbey.com: Jul 24 04:07PM -0700

>with Levitons and haven't had one trigger randomly. The washing
>machine is connected to one and the electric lawnmower is connected to
>another.
Thanks for that Chuck. I think the GFCIs that I have are probably OK
but are just not capable of handling the inductive kickback from my
stuff.
Eric
etpm@whidbey.com: Jul 24 04:10PM -0700

On 24 Jul 2018 19:49:43 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
>Uncoil the extension cord and it ran Just Fine. The inductive kick of
>turning on the motor was enough to "do it".
 
>Jonesy
I am pretty much convinced now that it is the inductive kickback that
is causing the problem. The clipper motor is more akin to a solenoid
and I figured out that the washer is almost always tripping the GFCI
when a solenoid valve is turned off. In any case the tripping ONLY
occurs when the load is removed.
Eric
tabbypurr@gmail.com: Jul 24 04:10PM -0700

> Any other advice is blather.
 
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA
 
unfortunately that's incorrect on several points.
tabbypurr@gmail.com: Jul 24 04:31PM -0700

On Tuesday, 24 July 2018 21:45:48 UTC+1, Terry Schwartz wrote:
 
> Truthfully, you'd be better off paying for arc-fault breakers. They provide a level of safety against arcing that is likely to cause a fire. The human risk is greater than shock. And certainly GFCI functionality is NOT needed in every circuit in your home. Add the GFCIs where the local risk of shock warrants the installation.
 
UK now requires gfci protection (at the panel) on all domestic circuits. So when smoke particles land on the fire alarm mains supply wiring, the fire alarm loses its power. Great eh.
 
 
NT
jurb6006@gmail.com: Jul 24 06:32PM -0700

>"UK now requires gfci protection (at the panel) on all domestic circuits. So when smoke particles land on the fire alarm mains supply wiring, the fire alarm loses its power. Great eh. '
 
Oh, you thought they want you alive ?
 
HAHAHAHAHA
Rheilly Phoull <rheilly@bigslong.com>: Jul 25 01:58PM +0800

> when a solenoid valve is turned off. In any case the tripping ONLY
> occurs when the load is removed.
> Eric
 
have you tried some snubbers?
Terry Schwartz <tschw10117@aol.com>: Jul 25 07:30AM -0700

No one expects a normal extension cord or appliance built with the correct spacings and dielectric materials to arc. Arcs typically occur at fatigued wires, wires under mechanical tension, screws on outlets and switches, and similar connections, sometimes in a lamp socket or poorly wired junction, wire nut, set screw, push in terminal (JUST DON'T USE THOSE).
 
jurb6006@gmail.com: Jul 25 07:45AM -0700

>"...push in terminal (JUST DON'T USE THOSE). "
 
In wiring ? I've seen those, I find it hard to believe they're code. Someone had a little private meeting.
etpm@whidbey.com: Jul 25 08:25AM -0700

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 13:58:38 +0800, Rheilly Phoull
>> occurs when the load is removed.
>> Eric
 
>have you tried some snubbers?
No. I don't know enough about these things and how they work. I just
wanted to find out why they were tripping. Now that it may be I have
the answer I'll try it and if new, higher quality GFCIs work then that
will be great and the question answered.
Eric
Fox's Mercantile <jdangus@att.net>: Jul 25 09:22AM -0500

Anyone else have one of these?
I need to find the BIOS settings that will recognize the hard drive.
 
Is there a news group or forum to look for as well?
 
Thankies
 
--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi
http:foxsmercantile.com
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 11 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment