Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

John-Del <ohger1s@gmail.com>: Aug 10 10:53AM -0700

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 7:55:39 AM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:
 
> In later years, I've seen flex circuits (I think they're Kapton) that take soldering heat just fine.
 
> I do keep solder paste in stock because I do a lot of smd IC replacement, and mostly use a hot-air station to keep the heat localized.
 
> Thanks for the info.
 
 
 
I plugged in the old boy and it works perfectly. Even the battery is holding a charge (I changed the cells about 25 years ago when I serviced the flex circuit). Tapping it has no adverse effect on any function, and the keys work perfectly with no lag and no bounce.
 
So the cleaning of the board and chips (and whatever I used for preservative is still holding.
 
There's nothing like the glow of red LEDs either.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic"

Post a Comment