Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 3 topics

tabbypurr@gmail.com: Aug 29 02:08AM -0700

On Wednesday, 28 August 2019 16:55:29 UTC+1, Phil Hobbs wrote:
 
> Probably intended for a 67 V B battery.
 
> Cheers
 
> Phil Hobbs
 
Thanks. I may need to make a variable PSU, don't have one that goes high. Or I could just go up in steps with what I've got - that sounds quicker.
 
 
NT
Geo <nhhu-o3hu@dea.spamcon.org>: Aug 29 11:41AM +0100


>Thanks. I may need to make a variable PSU, don't have one that goes high. Or I could just go up in steps with what I've got - that sounds quicker.
 
Just put a few poundland PP3s in series.
"pfjw@aol.com" <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Aug 29 05:16AM -0700

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 11:55:29 AM UTC-4, Phil Hobbs wrote:
 
> Probably intended for a 67 V B battery.
 
> Cheers
 
> Phil Hobbs
 
'Ideal' B+ voltage is determined by the specific tube installed.
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Jon Elson <elson@pico-systems.com>: Aug 28 01:51PM -0500

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 03:11:40 -0700, janniebrand wrote:
 
A lot of these power supplies use some form of a TL431 shunt regulator,
that drives the LED of an optocoupler to control the switch-mode FET
driver.
 
Jon
tabbypurr@gmail.com: Aug 29 02:11AM -0700

On Wednesday, 28 August 2019 11:22:26 UTC+1, Jannie wrote:
 
 
> @whit3rd: Thank you for confirming the TL431 part. Not sure if you meant to paste a link for the optoisolator part, but it is the same link as the one for the TL431 part. @Phil did however mentioned that any "xx817xx" opto-coupler part should work.
 
> > If the diodes are short-circuited, they'll look bad in-circuit; if a multimeter that does diode check is available, use that.
 
> I have tested the diodes in circuit with a multimeter and some of them (D1, D2, D3, D4 & D6) looks bad (shorted), but as mentioned, they could be fine. I can also confirm that the few diodes where I could actually see the number, are in fact 1N4007 diodes. I reckon I just go buy a pack of 10 x 1N4007 diodes with the other parts (once confirmed) and then tackle the diodes tested as shorted in circuit 1 by 1, removing, testing and replacing if needed.
 
You asked for a suggestion, I have one. SMPSUs are not the simplest things for beginners, and this one sounds well knackered. I suggest picking up another piece of e-waste & fixing that. You're not gonna fix them all.
 
 
NT
"Ron D." <ron.dozier@gmail.com>: Aug 28 01:30PM -0700

Totally agree with you on Mcmaster. EssentraComponents now ReidSupply isn't bad either. Digikey has always been good.
 
Mcmaster stuff always arrives very quickly, MSCdirect has raised their prices, but usually I get next day service. Sometimes I pick up locally, if I don't want to pay for postage.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment