Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Rob <nomail@example.com>: Mar 23 03:01PM

> then, the telephone ALWAYS rings when someone calls.
 
> I tested the MOV surge protectors and they "clamp" at 250 volts. Even
> though they seem to be OK, I am going to order new ones.
 
I installed MOVs on my phone line years ago, they failed when there was
a nearby lightning strike (I suppose they did their work). I had to
remove them to get the line working again (which was ISDN at that time,
so 90V DC all the time) and ever since then the two defective MOVs have
been laying in a corner of my electronics work desk waiting for me to
get new ones.... never got around to ordering some, and the local
electronics store where I bought them has long been closed down.
 
It may be that they were the cause, but of course it may just as well
have been a bad contact that they fixed by fiddling with it.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic"

Post a Comment