Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 3 topics

Cursitor Doom <cd@not4mail.com>: May 19 05:43PM

On Mon, 18 May 2020 05:43:18 -0700, abrsvc wrote:
 
> may have been used to test something). Send me your address and I'll
> send them along if you think that these will resolve your problem. I
> doubt that I will ever use these.
 
Thanks for the advice and offers of parts, guys; much appreciated. On
reflection I decided to replace with silicon. The purists would go to the
trouble of hollowing out the old transitors and fitting the silicons
inside them. Fortunately, I'm no purist. :-D
Brian Gregory <void-invalid-dead-dontuse@gmail.com>: May 19 09:21PM +0100

On 18/05/2020 12:59, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
> I have had some success with an Eddystone EB35 by replacing them with
> silicon transistors and adjusting the base bias to get approximately the
> same collector current.
 
And if something starts oscillating because you have too much gain with
the silicon replacements then adding a low value R in series with their
emitters will usually fix.
 
--
Brian Gregory (in England).
abrsvc <dansabrservices@yahoo.com>: May 19 05:23PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 1:43:26 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> reflection I decided to replace with silicon. The purists would go to the
> trouble of hollowing out the old transitors and fitting the silicons
> inside them. Fortunately, I'm no purist. :-D
 
 
No problems here. If you want to use the ECGs to verify that everything works prior to "upgrading" to Si, the parts are available. These are small enough that they will fit into a small padded envelope, so shipping will be next to nothing.
 
Let me know if you want them (no charge).
Dan
Cursitor Doom <cd@not4mail.com>: May 20 12:42PM

On Tue, 19 May 2020 17:23:37 -0700, abrsvc wrote:
 
> shipping will be next to nothing.
 
> Let me know if you want them (no charge).
> Dan
 
Thanks Dan, much appreciated.
adrian@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Adrian Tuddenham): May 20 03:40PM +0100


> And if something starts oscillating because you have too much gain with
> the silicon replacements then adding a low value R in series with their
> emitters will usually fix.
 
There are already emitter resistors, but they are bypassed, so adding
resistance in series with the bypass capacitors (or removing them
altogether) would be the way to go.
 
I used fairly mundane silicon transistors with a lowish cutoff frequency
and didn't have any trouble.
 
 
--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
(Remove the ".invalid"s and add ".co.uk" to reply)
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Mike S <mscir@yahoo.com>: May 20 12:00AM -0700

I have a pair of Even h3 headphones that had a short to ground on the
positive Voltage supply. The battery has a small circuit board attached
to the terminals, similar battery ct's state "built-in battery
protection circuit module PMC" for overcharging, overdischarging and
short circuit protection. I think the circuit got stressed from being
shorted to ground for too long too many times because the battery has
3.5 V after a short charge (connecting 4.5V directly to the terminals),
but the output voltage from the circuit board is anywhere from 0 to 0.5Vdc.
 
I'm looking at charging modules on ebay since this is a simple problem
and cheaper than a battery, can anyone recommend a charger module
they've had good luck with?
 
These looks good to my inexperienced eye, but they're stated to be for
an 18650 battery, I have a small flat battery, I don't know if this
matters.
 
high current (3A) version
5V USB 1S 3.7V Lipo Lithium Li-ion 18650 Battery Charging Board Charger
Module
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-USB-1S-3-7V-Lipo-Lithium-Li-ion-18650-Battery-Charging-Board-Charger-Module/191992007388?hash=item2cb39d8adc:m:mTJtSiEYqIJd4lTEvZWK95w
 
lower current version
USB 1S 3.7v 4.2v Lithium Lipo Li-ion 18650 Battery Charging Board
Charger Module
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-1S-3-7v-4-2v-Lithium-Lipo-Li-ion-18650-Battery-Charging-Board-Charger-Module/152734465560?epid=17006867994&hash=item238faefe18:g:NMQAAOSwvSxau44y
 
My battery is similar to this, same 503040 battery but different ct. board.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/503040-3-7v-Battery-600mAh-for-SkyBell-HD-Doorbell-Camera-Bluetooth-Headphones/193133417570
 
TIA
Mike
Andrew Way <andrewwayconstruction@gmail.com>: May 19 11:36AM -0700

Hi there,
I have a working 315M DPSS laser, with the controller, power supply, and a weird autostart dongle without the ready light...
I am trying holography again (thanks Fred unterseher) in my livingroom with this new laser, but I think it may be having trouble stabilizing...?
It starts up just fine, but when I run it though the interferometer it performs this "breathing" routine, where the fringe pattern moves a little in a regular manner every 3-4 seconds, contracting in. I have eliminated the possibility of table, pump, or fan movement- as my other cheapo chinesium diode laser settles just fine in no time. (I converted the 315M-100 to water cooling, but the weird fringe behavior persists even with the pump off for 15 mins).
I have tried the recommendations in the laser faq for this model, DC voltage is good/stable, checked all ribbon cable conn's (visually, as i'd hate to brick it by poking around with a multimeter). I have also tried adjusting the pot down for a lower current/power setting to no avail- it resets and takes its 6mins to find a new stable setting, but the fringes never settle.
I do not have a oscilloscope or power meter handy as of yet, but it seems to be stuck in a loop. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
-Roo
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment