Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 2 topics

Chuck <chuck445@yahoonospam.com>: Nov 26 11:00PM -0500

On 11/26/20 7:33 AM, Peter W. wrote:
> b) Were it to behave face-to-face as it does here, it would be dead. Australians are not anywhere near as tolerant as Brits or Americans of that sort of idiocy.
> c) It is on very powerful meds. When it takes them properly, it is not a half-bad tech. When it does not, it remains a not-half-bad tech, but all you will see is that other half.
 
> In general, it is best ignored.
 
Took me by surprise, started off good and then, bam, about face, day to
night, whatever. I'd hate to be his neighbor, family, or even his pet!
In any case, I'll no longer see his posts after his tirade.
Phil Allison <pallison49@gmail.com>: Nov 26 08:35PM -0800

Chuck wrote:
============
 
> Took me by surprise, started off good and then, bam, about face, day to
> night, whatever. I'd hate to be his neighbor, family, or even his pet!
> In any case, I'll no longer see his posts after his tirade.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** FYI Mr Shithead:
 
Peter Weike is a vile, raving lunatic and a public menace on usenet.
 
The geriatric fool is actually is a jumped up radio ham with mental issues and a huge dose of ASD or autism.
 
I *was* happy to assist you till I realised you were a dishonest little shit scamming you way through life.
 
Have a rotten day.
 
 
...... Phil
"Peter W." <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Nov 27 04:24AM -0800

On that note, every day is a rotten day for the drongo from down-under. It has my sympathy, but not my respect.
Jon Elson <elson@pico-systems.com>: Nov 26 10:09PM -0600

Peter W. wrote:
 
> Glad to be of help. Every so often, I will go ahead and actually read a
> manual, knowing full well that it is against the Male Code.
Sometimes there's a reason NOT to read the manual. I recently bought a
(well) used pick and place machine (Quad QSA-30A, made by Samsung).
Yes, there can be some translation and cultural issues with foreign-made
machines. But, this takes it to an entirely new level! For such a
massively complicated machine and software, you need GOOD manuals to walk
you through it all. Fortunately, I was able to connect with the guy who did
the training classes on this machine at the factory, and he was able to
guide me through it. Without his help, I would have junked the machine.
The (English) manual has bits of Korean scattered through it, never explains
how the machine works, and is basically a TERSE desciption of all the
buttons and dialogs of the software. It tells what the button is called,
but DOESN'T really tell you what the button DOES, how it does it, etc.
 
I learned my previous machine from the manuals in a few days and was
cranking out boards in a week. This machine took THREE MONTHS of
frustration (although part of that was taken up fixing things wrong with the
machine.)
 
There are some REALLY BAD manuals out there, to the level that you know LESS
after reading them than before you started.
 
Jon
"Miguel Giménez" <me@privacy.net>: Nov 27 12:28PM +0100

El 27/11/2020 a las 5:09, Jon Elson escribió:
 
> There are some REALLY BAD manuals out there, to the level that you know LESS
> after reading them than before you started.
 
> Jon
 
Translations can be a big problem, I tend to read the english manual
even if spanish ones are available.
 
I didn't even think reading the user manual because I am tired of the
stupid troubleshooting guides: printer don't print -> check if power is
on, or check if there is paper on the tray... I know some users may need
this kind of help, but it is uselees for most of us.
 
This Brady manual was more complete and helpful, next time I will read
the manual.
 
--
Saludos
Miguel Giménez
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment