Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Jon I <jonkk987@aol.com>: Jan 26 06:23PM -0500

I accidentally cut off the 24 pin ATX power supply connector because I
thought I was going to use the power supply for another purpose, but
that turned out not to be the case. I want to reinstall back into the
desktop, but I have a question: since all the red, yellow, orange, and
black wires were going to be combined (for greater current handling in
non-PC use), I am wondering if I could just combine the same color
cutoff wires from the connector with the ones coming from the power
supply? Would sure save a lot of extra soldering. For example, in case
I'm not clear, can I combine all the orange wires from the supply and
all the orange wires from the connector and solder together? Thanks in
advance.
John Robertson <spam@flippers.com>: Jan 26 05:37PM -0800

On 2021/01/26 3:23 p.m., Jon I wrote:
> I'm not clear, can I combine all the orange wires from the supply and
> all the orange wires from the connector and solder together?  Thanks in
> advance.
 
Yes.
 
I'd wire each wire separately but I'm anal. However you could blob all
the same colours together and then insulate carefully.
 
John :-#)#
 
--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Adrian Caspersz <email@here.invalid>: Jan 27 06:35AM

On 27/01/2021 01:37, John Robertson wrote:
 
> Yes.
 
> I'd wire each wire separately but I'm anal. However you could blob all
> the same colours together and then insulate carefully.
 
In commoning up the individual wires, ye might need thicker cables to
handle the current.
 
I'd rewire each separately using similar wire to the original. Take ya
time and use heat shrink, leaded solder and a good soldering iron. It's
not a difficult job to be considering short cuts.
 
--
Adrian C
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic"

Post a Comment