Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 2 topics

amdx <amdx@knology.net>: Apr 26 02:02PM -0500

On 4/26/2021 10:10 AM, Peter W. wrote:
 
> You get what you pay for.
 
> Peter Wieck
> Melrose Park, PA
 
I have a funny story about that. I also had a FM100B I built, I didn't
find it good, It seemed to drift a lot. I thought it was a piece of junk.
 
Anyway, years ago I had a booth at the Orlando Hamfest. I got into a
discussion with a couple of guys about FM transmitters and told them I
had the CZH-05B, guy A suggest that
 
it has a lot off frequency output. I countered with, well it works  a
lot better than that piece of junk Ramsey FM100B. Guy B ask me if I
realized that I was talking to Mr. Ramsey?
 
A little embarrassing, but I think he knew it was.
 
                                                        Mikek
 
 
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
amdx <amdx@knology.net>: Apr 26 02:55PM -0500

On 4/26/2021 7:52 AM, amdx wrote:
 
> But 10 years of often hours of daily use and it is still fine. So you
> can ignore that.
 
>                                    Hope that helps, Mikek
 
 Also make sure the 9V regulator is working, I have a faint memory that
I replaced that also, or is that because the soldering doesn't look
factory. :-)
 
                                                           Mikek
 
 
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
"Peter W." <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Apr 26 03:07PM -0700

Not defending the Ramsey - other than it works as I wish it to - but of all the similarly-priced items out there, it is the most user-friendly to my way of thinking. And against the cheap junk, much better. I hear good things about the Rangemaster - but I have never used one.
 
I have built five (5) of the Ramsey FM100Bs over time. They are not easy kits, and build-quality matters.
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
amdx <amdx@knology.net>: Apr 27 09:13AM -0500

I'm disappointed I haven't seen any response.
 
Do you have any electronic repair experience? Do you know how to solder"
Do you have a voltmeter?
 
Do you have any questions?
 
                            Mikek
 
 
 
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Tim R <timothy42b@aol.com>: Apr 27 05:29AM -0700

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:14:26 AM UTC-4, Edward H. wrote:
 
> This question sounds suspiciously like a homework problem.
 
It has that feel. But what kind of class has a homework problem with a practical application? Can't be an EE.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment