Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 3 topics

Bob Engelhardt <BobEngelhardt@comcast.net>: Aug 30 08:01AM -0400

I found a 465 at the dump with a sticker on it saying "Horizontal
deflection bad". Before I even power it up I thought that I'd get
opinions on how bad the problem likely is. Best case: "That happens all
the time & it's a bad Qxxx transistor in the framazazzle". LOL Worst
case: "It could be any number of things and you'll likely spend hours
and hours to fix a $100 scope". I do have the service manual & another
scope.
 
Thanks, Bob
Rob <nomail@example.com>: Aug 30 03:39PM +0200

> and hours to fix a $100 scope". I do have the service manual & another
> scope.
 
> Thanks, Bob
 
https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/465
Mike Coon <gravity@mjcoon.plus.com>: Aug 30 03:19PM +0100

In article <sgih9s02vqh@news1.newsguy.com>, BobEngelhardt@comcast.net
says...
> and hours to fix a $100 scope". I do have the service manual & another
> scope.
 
> Thanks, Bob
 
That's what I call "right to repair". In the UK it is not permitted to
take kit away from a dump, in case you are not as competent as you think
you are...
Chris K-Man <thekmanrocks@gmail.com>: Aug 30 09:17AM -0700

On Monday, August 30, 2021 at 10:19:13 AM UTC-4, Mike Coon wrote:
> That's what I call "right to repair". In the UK it is not permitted to
> take kit away from a dump, in case you are not as competent as you think
> you are...
_________
 
Where do you think I got my stash of spare TV remotes from?
 
If a bar's got a Sony on the wall, in Vivid mode, Im can whip out
my Sony remote, and at least put it in Standard mode.
Tim R <timothy42bach@gmail.com>: Aug 29 12:49PM -0700

I had another idea but will read the links about locating cable first.
Michael Terrell <terrell.michael.a@gmail.com>: Aug 29 11:29AM -0700

I recently had to replace my Glucose meter because it could no longer hold the correct date. I ripped the old one apart, and found a nice pair of Zebra Strips in it.
It was an Abbot Labs Freestyle freedom, and the strips are about 5/32" high and 1-9/32" long
Maybe this will help someone repair an old LCD in their equipment. This is a small meter, some have a screen twice its size
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment