Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

"ohg...@gmail.com" <ohger1s@gmail.com>: Jan 25 08:29AM -0800

Anyone having an issue with Fluke cases getting brittle? I have a 177 that had the battery cover crack in the screw boss area, and the other side won't hold a screw as the inside post is cracked. The plastic is brittle and reminds me of the aging of plastic in 1990s plastic television cabinets. My 85s never did this and I have a very old 77 that is still in perfect shape although it doesn't get a of use. The 177 is my daily meter and yes, it's fallen a few times.
Tim Schwartz <tim@bristolnj.com>: Jan 24 12:36PM -0500

Hi there,
 
It's your lucky day. I just looked through my vast and powerful junk
collection and I have a crystal marked 39.160MHz. If you think it is
close enough, send me an e-mail with a US mailing address and I'll send
it to you for free. It is a pull from who-knows-what, and I do not
assure you that it is good. 5/32 thick, 13/32 wide, 17/23 tall. Leads
long enough to make it through a PC board.
 
Regards,
Tim
 
 
On 1/23/2022 12:01 PM, -faver- wrote:
-faver- <faver10@nospam.net>: Jan 25 07:01AM -0500

On 1/24/22 12:36, Tim Schwartz wrote:
> long enough to make it through a PC board.
 
> Regards,
> Tim
 
Thanks, but I don't think this will work. The native crystal was a
39.190 Mhz, so even with varactors or trimmer caps, I'd never be able to
get it to the frequency needed. So, unless you had a 39.190.....
 
Appreciate this, however!
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment