Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 2 topics

Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>: Nov 25 11:09AM

I can't get any sense out of Mouser's website. You'd have thought
finding a diode would be simple enough; the spec ain't that hard to
meet: 600V 3A fast recovery diode with through-hole cylindrical
encapsulation. Can I find one on their site? Nope! Seems they don't
stock them any more.
The original part number was SR3523 but no data available on the net!
Anyone got any old diode data books to hand?
"Peter W." <peterwieck33@gmail.com>: Nov 25 04:02AM -0800

https://www.mouser.com/c/semiconductors/discrete-semiconductors/diodes-rectifiers/?if%20-%20forward%20current=3%20A&mounting%20style=Through%20Hole&vr%20-%20reverse%20voltage=600%20V
 
Got a whole sheet of them. Just use the filters.
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>: Nov 25 12:49PM

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 04:02:47 -0800 (PST), "Peter W."
 
>Got a whole sheet of them. Just use the filters.
 
>Peter Wieck
>Melrose Park, PA
 
None of those are fast recovery types, though. And on my browser at
any rate, the filters keep clearing by themselves.
Stephen Wolstenholme <steve@easynn.com>: Nov 25 01:31PM

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 12:49:58 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:
 
>>Melrose Park, PA
 
>None of those are fast recovery types, though. And on my browser at
>any rate, the filters keep clearing by themselves.
 
That's strange for Agent. I think there is a setting to make filters
global with no timeout.
 
Steve
Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>: Nov 25 01:46PM

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 13:31:19 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme
>>any rate, the filters keep clearing by themselves.
 
>That's strange for Agent. I think there is a setting to make filters
>global with no timeout.
 
Nothing to do with Agent. I'm trying to find the part I want on
Mouser's website with Firefox or Opera - and failing badly.
steve1001908@outlook.com: Nov 25 02:53PM

On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 13:46:26 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:
 
>>global with no timeout.
 
>Nothing to do with Agent. I'm trying to find the part I want on
>Mouser's website with Firefox or Opera - and failing badly.
 
I just looked at your message headers and saw your Agent browser. I
should be more careful.
 
Steve
Paul Babiak <noway@uwish.com>: Nov 25 10:37AM -0500

On 11/25/2022 06:09 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> stock them any more.
> The original part number was SR3523 but no data available on the net!
> Anyone got any old diode data books to hand?
 
UF5406
 
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Diotec-Semiconductor/UF5406?qs=OlC7AqGiEDl14tlpPZuYug%3D%3D
Bob F <bobnospam@gmail.com>: Nov 24 05:50PM -0800

On 11/19/2022 10:40 PM, Bob F wrote:
> still have found no service manual for.
 
> The order was made 11/8, promised for Dec 2, and receive Nov 19. That
> surprised me.
 
I tried this replacement today. It would not load cd's, DVD's, or Blue
ray discs. Maybe needs adjustment, but I do not have much info on that
process. Since none of the disc types works, I don't have much hope for
that. I did not find any kind of jumper to remove. It looks just like
the origional.
 
I put the old one back in with the previous problem continues. I did
find that it hardly moves the disc at all on DVD's, but spins up CD's
and BluRay's quickly. Even blank CD's and DVD's do not change the
results. The DVD's still do not spin, the CD's spin and search for awhile.
 
How does the player detect the type of disc? It seems like for DVD's it
is very quickly giving up on spinning the disc.
 
I did find a youtube on a very similar disc player that includes what
looks like the same laser head unit. SOH-BDP5G
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bXWrO9CLDs
 
From that, I learned the the VR1 is for BD, VR2 for DVD, and VR3 is CD.
 
I guess the next step is to get out the scope for adjustment.
"ohg...@gmail.com" <ohger1s@gmail.com>: Nov 25 06:50AM -0800

On Thursday, November 24, 2022 at 8:50:21 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bXWrO9CLDs
 
> From that, I learned the the VR1 is for BD, VR2 for DVD, and VR3 is CD.
 
> I guess the next step is to get out the scope for adjustment.
 
 
I admit I'm confused by your original symptom of the machine not giving the DVD more than a brief sniff before bailing. My only guess is that it's not reading any reflection back with the DVD. Maybe DVDs are a bit less reflective than CDs?
 
As far as the "new" drive, I think it's very likely that the drive you received is junk probably pulled from a defective machine that arrived in one of the thousands of containers of scrap electronics that get shipped back to China every year.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment