Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

jaugustine@verizon.net: Sep 09 07:29AM -0400

Hi,
 
I have a Hisense AP10CR2W portable air conditioner that was
in use when I lost power for about 2 minutes. After the power came
on, the air conditioner resumed running.
 
Now, when I turn off the air conditioner, it does NOT shut off
completely. The displays go off, there is no more cold air coming
out of the unit, but I hear something "running" inside. Now I have
to unplug the power cord to shut it off completely.
 
Note: This unit is out of warranty. I could not find out if there
is a "RESET" (not the one on power cord plug) procedure. I could
not find a "Reset" button..
 
A google search was unsuccessful. One place said to hold the
Fan and Mode buttons for a few seconds. It did NOT work, Another
place said to remove the front panel in order to access a Reset
button, but did not indicate the model number. I did not try that yet.
 
Hisense's web site, Support, Contact Us, gave me a toll free
telephone number, but that was NO help since if applied to
units under warranty.
 
Does anyone know a Reset procedure for this model?
 
Thank You in advance, John
hubops@ccanoemail.com: Sep 09 09:46AM -0400

>units under warranty.
 
> Does anyone know a Reset procedure for this model?
 
> Thank You in advance, John
 
 
Sorry I can't offer any specific advice, but a google search for
portable air conditioner reset
returns some hits that indicate that un-plugging and
leaving it unplugged for an extended time < 30 minutes >
should reset it.
Good luck.
John T.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic"

Post a Comment