Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Retro Deck <asuspropad@gmail.com>: Jan 11 07:56AM -0800

> > Hello! I have read all your posts and you are absolutely right. Unfortunately, there are always such people who qualify the helpers. Well, I also learned a lot from what was written here, at the hobby level I repair a VHS VCR, which also has no color. The type is AKAI VS-3. I repaired the servo part and the power part did not work. Now it starts, plays, spins. The head drum was also bad, so I put in a new original one. Now there is a picture, but it is black and white and jumps a little. I can't adjust the tape path any better. I would really appreciate it if you could advise me. I checked the video pcb, all12, pb12 are fine. Unfortunately, I don't have a test cassette, although I tried to make a color bar cassette and check it at the test points, but I didn't have much success.
> > Thank you in advance for your help.
> Those old Akais had lots of electrolytic caps that get weak with age. Try heating the signal boards with a heat gun to see if the color returns. If it does, you're going to have to recap that unit if you intend to keep it.
 
Thanks! I will try this way as well.
Chuck <chuck23@dejanews.net>: Jan 10 12:52PM -0600

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 22:38:09 -0800 (PST), Ben Lu
>> Chuck
>> --
>This is a old thread, so I don't know if you are still looking for the solution. If so, I'm very familiar with this drive and have fixed more than a hundred units.
Thanks for your advice but I had cataracts at the time and I tanked
the mechanism while disassembling it.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment