Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 4 topics

jurb6006@gmail.com: May 29 12:57AM -0700

And slightly different frequency response of course.
"pfjw@aol.com" <pfjw@aol.com>: May 29 07:41AM -0700

> And slightly different frequency response of course.
 
Probably not.
 
Frequency response is catholic (small c). It does not care much what goes in, or what goes out. The speakers, filters and whatever else added to the amp filters (or not) control what the you hear. Larger output transformer = more power handling capacity - that should have been your first clue.
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
jurb6006@gmail.com: May 28 11:31PM -0700

Sorry, I don't go to "tinyurl"s anymore. Post the real URL if you want anything from me.
Foxs Mercantile <jdangus@att.net>: May 29 02:26AM -0500

> Sorry, I don't go to "tinyurl"s anymore.
> Post the real URL if you want anything from me.
 
If only it were that easy.
 
 
 
--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
jurb6006@gmail.com: May 29 12:55AM -0700

>"If only it were that easy. "
 
It is, it's just that you get a really long line sometimes. So put it in a separate post.
 
One of those tinyurls sent me to Facebook. The chances of me getting a Facebook account are about the same as me winning the gold medal in Women's gymnastics at the Olympics. I would rather be eaten alive by a shark.
 
Plus there is such a thing as cut and paste.
 
Bottom line, though I am sure this is not foremost on people's minds, if you want me to see it you post the real URL.
"pfjw@aol.com" <pfjw@aol.com>: May 29 07:37AM -0700

> >"If only it were that easy. "
 
I think the point was that Jeff actually wants nothing from you.
 
I admit to finding your whining, puling and general self-pity to be wearing. As time has gone on, your advice and suggestions are also becoming fewer and less accurate. Which leads to the question: Are you all right?
 
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
tabbypurr@gmail.com: May 29 03:08AM -0700


> Although it's possible, I dont have a website. Back in the 90's anyone
> could make a simple HTML website, but these days that's no longer
> possible.
 
It is. Google sites, no need for html even.
 
> Plus, since I am on dialup, I much prefer just storing data on my own
> computer. I have 1TB of storage space, so it's a lot easier to have it
> right here at home.
 
need plenty of backups then.
 
I'm doubtful you'd get permission from a website, but the question is not what they say but who owns the copyright.
 
 
NT
rickman <gnuarm@gmail.com>: May 29 02:04AM -0400

Jeff Liebermann wrote on 5/29/2017 12:36 AM:
> <https://www.tracker-software.com/knowledgebase/351-How-do-I-OCR-a-document>
> The free version will do all that except edit and save the resulting
> text. For that, you need the registered version.
 
I'm not sure what "standard" means. I was viewing a document full of imaged
text the other day and none of the permissions were set to preclude
anything. Yet I couldn't select any text as it had not been OCR'd.
 
I assume the OCR has to be done at capture time. Are you saying a reader
will convert images to text?
 
--
 
Rick C
Clifford Heath <no.spam@please.net>: May 29 05:29PM +1000

On 29/05/17 14:51, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> as it did.
> Looking at the schematic and layout, my never humble opinion is that
> the designer didn't know anything about RF design and layout.
 
That was my conclusion also, and that (plus the earlier published
versions) is why I said "advanced hobbyist". Not even very advanced,
certainly not RF-experienced :)
 
I don't know what frequency the PIC counter input is capable of,
but I know that the AVR counter is clocked; so you can only count
at half the CPU clock frequency. Bah, humbug.
 
> the extra divide by 4 packages, it has a 2nd DG MOSFET in front of the
> PIC counter. It also lists the prescaler as an MB506 which is divide
> by 128/256, not 64.
 
Both my units have MB506.
 
>It also shows that the gates of the DG MOSFET are
> NOT tied together.
 
The units I have have both pairs of protection diodes, and the inputs
are joined only at the connector. I cut the trace and soldered a bit
of co-ax onto the prescaler input capacitor.
 
I don't have a good RF source (yet - currently building, see
https://github.com/cjheath/AD9851LCD) so I can't evaluate the
sensitivity.
 
Clifford Heath.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 4 topics"

Post a Comment