Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Hem Jung <hemjA@netco.net>: Mar 30 10:43AM -0400

Just had to power something pretty far away from the outlet and had to
use a standard extension cord. Since this goes across the floor, I'm
wondering if there's anything I can do to make this anti-trip? My foot
has caught it a couple of times, so not very good if I keep it the way
it is. I see flat extension cords online, but price is too high. Maybe
I could make one? Thanks in advance.
Ralph Mowery <rmowery42@charter.net>: Mar 30 11:21AM -0400

In article <s3vddo$gnt$1@dont-email.me>, hemjA@netco.net says...
> has caught it a couple of times, so not very good if I keep it the way
> it is. I see flat extension cords online, but price is too high. Maybe
> I could make one? Thanks in advance.
 
Have you seen the floor protectors ? Rubber pieces that are a few
inches wide that the cord goes under ?
 
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Legrand-Wiremold-Corduct-5-ft-1-Channel-
Over-Floor-Cord-Protector-Black-CDBK-5/205485211
 
There are many variations of this.
Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net>: Mar 29 05:26PM -0400

Mike Coon wrote:
 
> Ah, maybe the pigeon shit angle is a physics equivalent of an urban
> myth. I believe it was the temperature spectrum of the radiation that
> had to be determined, but I may actually read that article...
 
The excess noise measurement came first. Then Penzias and Wilson
started looking for any possible terrestrial noise sources. Bird
droppings are a lossy dielectric among their other less pleasant
properties, so P&W cleaned their horn antenna carefully, calibrated the
receiver, and so on, but the noise was still there.
 
There's still science today that's done that carefully, but I fear it
has gotten a lot less common. (Certainly the quality of papers I get
sent to review has tanked in the last 25 years or so--and yes, it's the
same journals.)
 
Cheers
 
Phil Hobbs
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment