Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Wu Ming <wu.ming2@icloud.com >: Sep 29 03:17PM

> open tuning gang of his FM tuner.
> De-tuned the band so much only one station was left on the dial, way down the bottom end.
 
> ..... Phil
 
Wow that was unexpected. I now realize how big open frame tuners are. Also
very interesting to see how they are made.
 
Clearly Tivoli One has a compact one. Also as you mentioned compact rarely
become noisy when moved. I remember my parents picking up not much else
than noise but am not sure if from the tuner being noisy itself or just
incapable of tuning in. Will see what I can do. Just refining the streaming
solution perhaps.
Tim R <timothy42bach@gmail.com>: Sep 28 06:29PM -0700

On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 12:16:42 PM UTC-4, Retirednoguilt wrote:
> absence of hi-tech filtration both in items such as your yoke device and
> in lower tech hearing aids. You end up with essentially omnidirectional
> non-selective amplification of all sound in the environment. The higher
 
This is interesting.
I experienced something maybe related recently. I had a long wait in a dental office while a family member was worked on, and I brought a tablet (Android) and a movie downloaded from the library. And headphones, of course, because I'm not a jerk. <g> I think they were a cheap lightweight set like I'd take to the gym.
 
While watching the movie, it seemed the office was very loud, with the music on the room speakers and the office personnel talking uncomfortably loudly. What would have been routine background noise had become intrusive. At the time I put it down to weird room acoustics but in hindsight it had to be the headphone/tablet combination.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment