Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 3 topics

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>: Sep 26 09:32PM -0400

In sci.electronics.repair, on Tue, 26 Sep 2023 05:06:29 -0700 (PDT), Tim
 
>Off topic, but my Dad told me a story about his entrance physical in the Army. He said at one point the doctor said, "read the writing on the chart." My Dad said, "what chart?" The doctor made a check mark on the form and said, "hearing okay."
 
That's a good one.
Bob F <bobnospam@gmail.com>: Sep 26 07:09PM -0700

On 9/26/2023 6:32 PM, micky wrote:
> R <timothy42bach@gmail.com> wrote:
 
>> Off topic, but my Dad told me a story about his entrance physical in the Army. He said at one point the doctor said, "read the writing on the chart." My Dad said, "what chart?" The doctor made a check mark on the form and said, "hearing okay."
 
> That's a good one.
 
The one I remember from my pre draft physical - "turn around, bend over,
and spread your cheeks" to a room of naked men.
 
What a fun job?
The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>: Sep 26 08:10PM -0700

On 9/26/23 1:16 AM, micky wrote:
> https://www.myhearingservice.com/app/soundwear/soundwear2manual.pdf
 
> Here is the app,
> https://play.google.com/store/search?q=SOUNDWEAR&utm_source=opensearch&pli=1&c=apps
 
Tried it with my earbuds with the collar-thing. Interesting. It says I
have 16% loss in one ear and 12% in the other, but I know it's worse
than that. It doesn't test low frequencies, but those really aren't
important.
 
> Here is my product, but they make various kinds including behind the ear
> with the little tube.
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C3MDFNRB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
 
We tried one like that, but it really needs separate volume controls and
hooks over the ears to keep the buds from falling out. The collar-thing
is nice, but it would be better if there were also those soft
over-the-ear hooks that keep the buds in place.
 
--
Cheers, Bev
"A friend is someone who puts the needs of others above their own.
Find one of those people and take advantage of him." --Rat
John Robertson <jrr@flippers.com>: Sep 26 11:35PM -0700

On 2023/09/26 8:10 p.m., The Real Bev wrote:
> have 16% loss in one ear and 12% in the other, but I know it's worse
> than that.  It doesn't test low frequencies, but those really aren't
> important.
 
Did you try exchanging the earbuds from one ear to the other and try the
test again? No guarantee that the earbuds are perfect is there?
 
...
 
John :-#)#
Allodoxaphobia <trepidation@example.net>: Sep 27 12:44PM

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 19:09:37 -0700, Bob F wrote:
 
>> That's a good one.
 
> The one I remember from my pre draft physical - "turn around, bend over,
> and spread your cheeks" to a room of naked men.
 
And, one of the fellas in my group stuck his 2 index fingers in his
mouth and pulled them apart.
Bob F <bobnospam@gmail.com>: Sep 27 08:47AM -0700

On 9/27/2023 5:44 AM, Allodoxaphobia wrote:
>> and spread your cheeks" to a room of naked men.
 
> And, one of the fellas in my group stuck his 2 index fingers in his
> mouth and pulled them apart.
 
Chuckle. Nice addition.
Bartolomeo Pestalozzi <bartolomeopestalozzi65@gmail.com>: Sep 27 03:14AM -0700

Good morning everyone, in my haste I sent 12V on the Vdd pin of the PIC programmer.
Do you happen to know if the schematic can be found somewhere?
photo:
https://postimg.cc/zb3L6jhZ
Looking at the PCB I noticed that the first component it encounters is the following:
https://postimg.cc/56jDkFjc
Of which I can't find the data sheet, in the marking code databases I can't find anything withBZC6 but also 8ZC6, it looks like a step down.
 
thanks
BP
micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com>: Sep 26 05:38PM -0400

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 26 Sep 2023 09:47:16 -0400, Retirednoguilt
>the way, if you have the part of the ear that extends out from your
>skull, that structure (the external ear) unless misshapen, has a concha
>as one of its parts.
 
I'll let my mother know. BTW, I don't have the thing that Cindy's
husband has, the Ventura? notch, so maybe I don't have this.
 
See:
 
>https://www.shutterstock.com/search/cymba-conchae
 
I take it back, I do have that. Thank you for your patience.
The Real Bev <bashley101@gmail.com>: Sep 26 08:18PM -0700

On 9/26/23 2:38 PM, micky wrote:
>>> I'll check if she left me one or two.
 
>>This is what I was referring to when I wrote:
 
>>https://www.hearingaidaccessory.com/shop/hooks-clips-retentions/gn-resound-one-hearing-aid-sports-locks-for-surefit-3-receiver/
 
Absolutely incomprehensible. I suppose it would have been too expensive
for them to post a picture of the things ACTUALLY IN USE WITH A HUMAN EAR...
 
 
--
Cheers, Bev
"A friend is someone who puts the needs of others above their own.
Find one of those people and take advantage of him." --Rat
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 3 topics"

Post a Comment