Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Usenetist <carg121@usenet.com>: Feb 03 02:07AM -0500

On 1/27/24 23:48, Usenetist wrote:
> have tried that (once) with no effect.
 
> Does anybody have a schematic or any official info on what the d2 code
> specifically means?
 
Well, I removed and replaced the EDO RAMs a second time and the problem
was solved. Putting it down to a soldering error the first time, or
possibly a bad chip.
Three Jeeps <jjhudak4@gmail.com>: Feb 02 09:10AM -0800

> I'm going through some stuff I have to move (retiring in June) and trying to decide what to keep. I have a Burr Brown 501 dual supply that puts out +/-15 volts with 115 VAC in. The supply is working but I don't know what's its use was originally. It's a compact block and it's heavy, but there's no current rating listed and I haven't been able to find out anything about it. Is it supposed to supply a reference for calibrating meters or is it used as a power supply? Not being adjustable I wonder if it's made for something specific. Any insight appreciated.
 
I believe it was just used as a power supply. Some years ago I got some interface hardware that was associated with a PDP8. Inside the hardware box was a card with BB 501. I liberated the 501 and used it in my poor mans triple mode PS, alongside my 5VDC open frame PS. I disconnected the interface box from the PDP8 and got it running without any issues.
legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca>: Feb 02 01:39PM -0500

On Fri, 2 Feb 2024 08:10:46 -0800 (PST), "ohg...@gmail.com"
 
>No ventilation of any kind - just small and heavy - which is why I thought it might be used for a micro current reference source. It is pretty tightly regulated even with no load other than the meter as it reads 15.01 (Fluke 177) and doesn't change from 100 to 150 VAC.
 
>I guess I can put a one amp load on it and see if it gets hot or fails...
 
>Thanks for the reply.
 
I think you'll find it's both low drift and quiet, but
it's getting past it's due date w/r to low frequency
electrolytic filter caps . . . and even film caps.
 
The casing should keep any 60Hz flux from contaminating
your local measurements.
 
Built for instrumentation.
 
I suggested antique value after spotting one on ebay
for $$$.
 
RL
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to sci.electronics.repair+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No Response to "Digest for sci.electronics.repair@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics"

Post a Comment